Chicago...Screwed me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by talonop, Aug 9, 2004.

1. talonop

talonop TPF Noob!

Just got back from Chicago last night on an amateur photography shoot while attending a seminar. BAD NEWS. I should have been way more careful.

Basically, I was having lunch at this diner, and when I returned to the car, the driver's window was smashed. The thugs had taken all of my photography stuff- not much by professional standards, just a Ti, some lenses, and a lot of film, but that was my whole set up. Now gone.

Anyways, I am past the pissed off and feeling sorry stage (see my :x:x post from where I work at) now, and I have ordered a Nikon N75 outfit to start out fresh again.

Dunno why I decided not to go with another Ti, but I hope I made the right choice. Gotta change that avatar sometime soon :wink: .
    [/url]

2. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

Do you need me to come up and break anyone's legs?? We could make a night of it.

Sorry to hear about that. It doesn't matter if it's my used gum, I can't stand when people steal something of mine. :( :(

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, that's a visual that I needed while I was eating. Thanks.

fibrousjaguar , I'm really sorry to hear that your gear was stolen. Where's that red hammer when you need one??

4. talonop

talonop TPF Noob!

Breaking legs sounds like fun, but the only witness, an old lady, could only remember that the thugs were seven or eight chinese guys.

Unless we are going to break the legs off half of the residents of Chinatown...heh, thanks for the offer though.

5. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

So we could make it a long weekend..... :D

6. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

I bet the old lady did it!
    You do have my sympathies though, I'd want to call in an air strike on the whole area if that happened to me.

7. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im sorry to hear about that it really sucks :hug: I hate it when people steal my stuff, so I can sympathise with you :(

8. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Write to the chamber of commerce or city hall or something...tell them your story and that you never plan on returning to their s-hole of a city. For as big as chicago is, there are only about 8 or 9 squre blocks where I feel safe. And I only bring my car when I can park it in video-monitored and gated, locked garages (and pay out the arse for it too). :?

9. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry to hear about that :(

I'm with mrsid on airstrike. You can't reason with these sort of low lives!!

10. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry to hear that. What is it with folks getting their gear stolen lately!?

11. Nagala

Nagala TPF Noob!

I'm going to Chicago next week until the end of the month. Any particular places I need to look out for? Also, not sure if you did but it's a good tip for those who have small photography businesses. Keep the advertising off the vehicle you keep your equipment in.

12. AirVenture

AirVenture TPF Noob!

Yeah, I'll be in Chicago in Nov. sometime as well. As much as I hate Richard Daley, I guess I'm going anyways. I'm taking a bus from Rockford to O'hare then a train into the city. Atleast I won't have a car to worry about. What are the good/bad spots?

-Brett