Choices

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was recently given a Nikon N2000 with a variety of primes and zoom lenses. Its in great quality, but is it better than my Minolta Maxxum 400si? I use the Minolta in school, but I'm not sure which would be a wiser choice. I don't know much about film specs seeing as there are no digital sensors to record too, they go to film. I'm more of a digital person.
Thanks

That Nikon with a slew of lenses would be a good score. I would say at least comparable to the Maxxum if not better (it's a Nikon). But 'wiser choice', I'm not sure what you mean. Wiser than what?

I'd just rather use one camera, rather than switching in between and I was wondering would it be wiser to invest in new primes, lenses, and filters for whatever camera depending on which one is a better camera.

Just imagine you have both of these cameras in front of you and you had to pick one to be your only film camera. Which one and why.

Personally, I would like the feel of the nikon in my hands better. The metal feeling is awesome.

What do you mean which one? Do you still have the Minolta or what? Personally I would keep both if that's the case. I have cameras for moods. Some cameras have only one lens, others it's like I'm humping half a studio into the field with me. Just depends on how simple you want it. Can't never not have too many cameras near as I reckon.

The N2000 is manual-focus (though it can use both MF and AF lenses) and
the Maxxum is auto-focus. The Maxxum also has more auto features and was
made later.

A lot depends on your preferences and how important AF is to you. It would
also depend (for me anyway) just what Nikon lenses are included with the
N2000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back