Clouds

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm pretty limited to the amount of control I can have over my P&S camera so I decided to play with the one major option I had...the white balance. At first I was trying to get true to life colors but I kind of like the results I got with these altered white balance. Except for the last picture all of them are unaltered straight from the camera except for resizing.

sky1.txt

sky2.txt

sky4.txt

sky5.txt

captain-spanky said:
i love it when i see pics of a really dark land with strange colour sky like on sci-fi films... it's like slightly claustrophobic but only enough to be cosy. :)
In my case I really didn't have much of a choice because I can't use a filter on my camera, but I do agree that dark land does have its place for a desired effect. I did experiment on brightening up the land in Photoshop but it took the emphasis off the clouds which I didn't want.

I never thought about the pictures being claustrophobic, but I think I can see what you are talking about. The dark land does seem to "close" it off to the viewers, but at least for me it forces my eyes to look up and towards the clouds. Basically what I wanted.

I also like the vibrant and artificial colors from sci-fi movie skylines, which is probably why I choose to keep the shots I got. Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Hey Harper - I really like these... they're beautiful - and with no filter - awesome.

In my opinion they are just a little too blue. Was it naturally blue or did you use a program to change it?

Daig55 said:
In my opinion they are just a little too blue. Was it naturally blue or did you use a program to change it?
Over doing the blue was pretty much what I was going for. It was actually an accident at first because I was just playing with the white balance on my camera and ended up liking the blue effect I got. I didn't use a program to change it. It was naturally this blue from the camera with the white balance setting I had it at.

As a comparison, I did take some pictures on "normal" setting. I thought they were kind of plain compare to the blue ones...but everyone has their different tastes.

This one is straight from the camera unaltered except for resizing.
sky3.txt

I brighten the above picture in Photoshop.
sky3a.txt

I also brighten up 1 & 3 from the blue shots but I still like the original dark pictures...
sky1a.txt

sky4a.txt

Most reactions

Back