color or bw but.... beware it's a horizontal portrait

Guess I'll stand out from the crowd.

Black and white, with more contrast.

My thoughts exactly, but I am afraid more contrast will not work because of blown areas across the image
I think it will work just fine. Contrast can be added without making the highlights any brighter than they already are, and in my opinion the highlights that are already blown compliment the shot rather than detract from it.
But, our eyes are more attracted to the areas with the strong contrast, in this case the area right on the picture is problematic because blown out highlights aren't that small. In the color version that isn't much of a problem, but in bw, would that be a problem?

oh idk....
I think perhaps you're overthinking it, and putting too much emphasis on the "rules". Blown highlights, clipped shadows, and not following the rule of thirds does not always mean the photo is bad. My eyes went straight to hers regardless of any of those elements.

Color on this !
:) thanks

color.
creative.
it is "okay". Guess i am impartial on this one.
I do like the display of some creativity.
Thanks for posting.

You seem to be in an experimental mode lately. I like the color better but it made me think of when you're grilling out and get smoke in your face, I just want to clear some of that smoke out! lol Obscures too much for my tastes I guess but interesting.
sorta with you. Little less could be more. Especially covering her. It is semi interesting though.
ok bri, thanks

I think perhaps you're overthinking it, and putting too much emphasis on the "rules". Blown highlights, clipped shadows, and not following the rule of thirds does not always mean the photo is bad.
you're right. I need to relax a bit.

My eyes went straight to hers regardless of any of those elements.
thanks for telling me that!

I like this a lot.. the color version.

I like the color Maria, and I tend to like shots that are unique and out of the norm.

She looks very ghostly. I like the color version too and just the way it is.

Most reactions

Back