I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to run a game. Game tells me I need updated drivers for physX.
I have a geoforce gt 620.
Went to Nvidia website and downloaded what I thought were latest drivers. Halfway through install, monitor goes blank and says no signal detected. Reboot no help. Can't get to safe mode.
about to hit it with hammer and default to laptop. Any suggestions on how the **** I broke it and how the **** I can fix it?

Win 8.1

Desktop or laptop?

If it's a desktop does it also have an on board graphics card?

It may have nothing to do with the download. Maybe the power supply died. Maybe the motherboard broke. Maybe the hard drive went kaput.

Desktop.
It does have on board video.
I tried pulling the video card but I still get no signal detected on monitor

Machine powers up and hard drive sounds like it's spinning.

Hmm. You don't get the bios screen at boot up either it sounds like. Can you troubleshoot the monitor? Hook it up to another computer?

Time to rule things out. Do you have access to another computer to make a livecd?

SystemRescueCd

If you can load a live usb stick or cd, then it's the software. I'd put something everything back together first.

Monitor works fine on wife's computer

Not the monitor, not the cable check.

Could be the main board, graphics board, software, bios.

I'd be trying to boot the bios using the on-board graphics card with the other one removed.

If there weren't any weird burning smells when this happened, there's a pretty good chance you can fix this without replacing hardware.

not clear, does it actually reboot but you see nothing on screen?

all the monitor says is "no signal detected."
both on my monitor and the wifes.
when plugged in to the video card AND the on board video vga port.

at the risk of sounding like the tech that asks "is it plugged in",does the monitor allow multiple inputs?...and you have the wrong input selected?

......nevermind,i missed some of the thread.:BangHead:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back