computer died during update! need help!

at the risk of sounding like the tech that asks "is it plugged in",does the monitor allow multiple inputs?...and you have the wrong input selected?

......nevermind,i missed some of the thread.:BangHead:

not sure how it would have switched input selections mid update when i wasn't anywhere near the monitor....
buuuuuut....at the risk of being a total dumbass and not taking the advice of someone that knows computers better....i will plug everything back in tomorrow and give it a go.
right now i got the monitor plugged into the laptop for movie watching.

at the risk of sounding like the tech that asks "is it plugged in",does the monitor allow multiple inputs?...and you have the wrong input selected?

......nevermind,i missed some of the thread.:BangHead:

no such luck.
i cycled through the input selections, but they all just show "no signal" on the monitor.

Just for fun:

Any luck with that expensive paper weight you have?

Nope. Pulled everything out. Batteries, card,ram....
Still nuttin

Ok, so when you plug in the monitor do you get any kind of display before the actual os starts to load (like a splash screen or memory counting, etc) or is it just no display at all from the second you hit the power?

Ok, so when you plug in the monitor do you get any kind of display before the actual os starts to load (like a splash screen or memory counting, etc) or is it just no display at all from the second you hit the power?

i get nothing at all

i get nothing at all
Ok, so we are dealing with a hardware problem. Even if the os got messed up by drivers, etc you should still see some kind of splash screen on boot up.

Have you tried removing any additional video card you have and connecting to the one on the motherboard without any other card in the machine?

Call the company who's software you were loading at the time of the crash, I'm betting they have heard of this before and know how to get out of it. A good company will at least pretend to try and help you. You have anyone else close by who might have another graphics card you can try ?

99% sure it's the software but moving the card to a different slot on the board never hurts.

i get nothing at all

I get the impression that there might be something wrong with your mother board.

It probably would speed up the diagnosis if you took it into a local repair shop. You could luck out too and find out it's a fairly easy fix too.

If you're interested in checking out the harddrive, I see if I can find my harddrive cradle. I'm not really using it anymore, you could at least access the disk :)

i get nothing at all
Ok, so we are dealing with a hardware problem. Even if the os got messed up by drivers, etc you should still see some kind of splash screen on boot up.

Have you tried removing any additional video card you have and connecting to the one on the motherboard without any other card in the machine?

yup

i get nothing at all

yup
Still black from the get go? Does it make a beeping sound when you power on and if so how many beeps?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back