Confused

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Dougie, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Dougie

Dougie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi all, I haven't been on for a while. I'm thinking of replacing my 75-300 USM lll with an equivelant lens. I'm not getting quite the sharpness on my end results. Any pointers on which lens is giving good results? cheerz

2. Jon, The Elder

Jon, The Elder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Dougie.............The 75-300 has been replaced by the new 70-300 IS USM. Just got one for my wife.
    We shoot horse events and she wanted more than her 28-135 for arena stuff.

Big difference between the 2 lenses. The 70-300 is described as "the poor mans L". You can get some good reviews from .....
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=294&sort=7&cat=27&page=3

Do not confuse it with the DO version.

3. soylentgreen

soylentgreen TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Try the EF 70-200 F/4 L. It's an excellent piece of glass. A bargain at $550-$600 in my opinion for an L lens. Ultrasharp, great color and contrast, fast AF etc. as with the entire L line of lenses. I aboslutely loved mine and was blown away by the performance. Sold it to get the f/2.8 version, but still miss the light weight of the f/4. Sob.
    Anyway, not quite the reach of a 70-300 but more than pays off with image quality. Can always slap on a 1.4x TC if you want more reach. I wouldn't reccommend the 2x TC since it slows down the lens too much and pictures start getting soft.

4. Dougie

Dougie TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for that folks. I'm tending to lean towards the 70-300 IS, for the extra focal length and it's quite a sharp lens as well.