Couple of girls for CC

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if what I have done in #2 works or should I have just left it alone?

1. Untouched
4671170458_034ce7b4f8_b.jpg

2. Selective Bokeh
4670543683_33195d9330_b.jpg

3. Just had some fun with this one... CC welcome.
4670543013_ba803fefa4_b.jpg

No, 2nd does not work for me. It looks artificial. The fence and wall are at the same depth why selective bokeh just on the fence?

I liked the wall in the shot but the roller coaster in the background was too busy. I know it looks artificial but I'm not sure if I hate it... lol

off topic but the pose that girl statue on the right has, with the leg over the dog, that looks seriously uncomfortable to do in real life lol

off topic but the pose that girl statue on the right has, with the leg over the dog, that looks seriously uncomfortable to do in real life lol

I know... I was thinking that when I first saw it... I couldn't tell if she was digging her heel into the dogs skin or if it was on the bench.

would rather shot it with shallower DOF

I don't even know why you would want to take a shot like this, it's not very interesting or artistic

I don't even know why you would want to take a shot like this, it's not very interesting or artistic

actually i think its a good setting. esp for candid shots. all he needs are people walking by...with a slow shutter speed to add movement to them.

im not sure if JL is new to photography or simply new to the forum but either way its a good place to start. capturing what looks appealing to you long before you try to be abstract or play around with angles and PoV. i quite like it as a basic candid esp if he took more of his surrounding, it would fit as part of an overall story, assuming he went in that direction next time or actually did...

you could try different angles.

Is selective bokeh a post processing trick? If so, i,m thinking I could use my slow, zoom lens a lot more.

NM, did a quick search and found out it is. Do a lot of you guys use this trick?

I think the post-processing out of focus background work in #2 turned out looking pretty realistic. I prefer it to the original with the deep depth of field.

Thanks Derrel... Thanks to all of you.

lexdiamond20, I used the plug-in filter Alien Skin Bokeh for Photoshop CS2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back