Creative exposure or nothing special?

squirrel.jpg

I'll have to admit, that looks much better. They way it leads your eye is completely different and much smoother to me. With the original, I feel like I enter the picture from the right and the first thing I see is an OOF squirrel, then I catch the line of the beam edge, which leads me right out of the photo, then I kind of scan the frame edge around to the right which eventually leads me back to the fact that thee is a nut in the photo. That's how I felt the first time I looked at it, before Larry said anything.

With the flipped version, I feel like I enter the photo from the right, and the strong line from the bottom right corner, immediately takes control, which leads me straight to the squirrel, which doesn't bother me for being OOF since it's not the first thing I saw, then the body language of the squirrel leads me right to the nut, which kind of keeps me in the picture.

I think it works if some clever person could add a soft reflection in the eye I'd do it but I still don't know how to download the image and return it to the thread

My eye goes from the squirrels eye to the nut so I see that as left to right. but thats only me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back