Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Sabin, Aug 7, 2008.
I was hoping I could get some feedback on these pictures.
#1 is a very nice shot, good colours and silhouette but could use some straightening.
#2 I'm really not sure about, some of the more experienced members could maybe tell you how this type of shot could be improved. I'd definately think about cutting out some of the dead space to the right though.
#3 is an interesting shot altough I'd maybe have focused on the first bee and cropped tighter with the bees to the right of the frame perhaps.
#4 is a really nice shot IMO and can I suggest it's an excellent candidate for a mono conversion.
In #5 I think you picked the wrong flower, the sun is shining and you've shot one that's in the shade leaving it dull with blown highlights in the background.
#6 again is a victim of poor positioning. I know you want the sun in the frame but at that time of day your giving yourself a hard task plus the highlights on the water are very blown.
#7 doesn't really float my boat in terms of subject matter I'm afraid. I suspect the tree to the left is more in focus than your subject but it's difficult to tell at this size.
4 is far and away the best of the bunch.
Very nice! To me, your exposures are set pretty good. 1, 2 and 5 may be just a tad on the bright side but it may also be from my junky monitor here at work. I'm a shapening crackhead so I would slightly sharpen those flowers and bees.
-my 2 coppers.
Thanks guys. Your advice has been really helpful.
1. I like the colors, just straighten that horizon a bit.
2. It's out of focus or you have camera shake... I think I would assume focus. A common problem with nightshots. Set it to manual focus and focus it to whatever is true infinity on your lens (this takes a bit of experimentation to find the true infinity as it isn't always marked correctly) I also think there's a bit too much mountain (or whatever that black thing is) in this shot.
3. Neat shot, but out of focus and a bit underexposed and undersaturated because of it. Disturbing shot, actually... it was so out of focus though I actually thought it was some kind of weird collection of striped hooved animals drinking water at a large concrete pond of some kind.
4. Pretty raindrops. Not too exciting of a pic, but I like it. I would have chosen a deeper depth of field for it, but a bit of sharpening and saturation would help.
5. A bit washed out- background is too bright. This is just as ituation where it would have been preferable to capture this with more light on the subject than on the background but it may have been unavoidable.
6. Kinda neat water feature... sun right into the camera is always a bit tough... some people like it, some don't.
7. Cute idea, I might have captured it with the man down and to the right more. Oddly that cropped off tree on the left grabs my attention too. Dunno why I noticed that.
BTW, please don't post QUITE so many images per post. 1-3 is good.
Separate names with a comma.