Crowned Crane

Canon John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the zoo today. Got to try out my 100-400L IS somewhere other than the local area. I was particularly pleased with these. Absolute best shots I have ever taken of CC's.

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

Nice shots, crazy looking bird! Is his mouth always open like that??

No. I have never seen the ones at our zoo do much of anything. Saw one flap it's wings earlier this year. I guess I was just there at the right moment. That particular bird was ticked off at some one. He was telling another bird off... lol

I've never seen one with its mouth open like that...makes for a more interesting shot of this exotic looking bird!

Nice shots. The last one could use a tad more DOF so his neck would have a little more focus in the feathers. Great capture though.

Mark

I guess I missed this post earlier...
Nice shots, I love the first one, maybe next time if you got all of the spikes/feathers in the picture it would be a bit better, or you cropped it?
The third one is very nice also!

Thanks to everybody for posting!

I guess I missed this post earlier...
Nice shots, I love the first one, maybe next time if you got all of the spikes/feathers in the picture it would be a bit better, or you cropped it?
The third one is very nice also!

I am still learning to use this 100-400L. It is so easy to put it on 400 and forget it. There is a lot to think about when using it. I am getting better about pulling it back some when I need to, but I kinda got overly excited when this bird started moving. They never move! So I guess I kinda started snapping and neglected the edges. These pro lenses come with a learning curve for sure.

Thanks!

No. I have never seen the ones at our zoo do much of anything. Saw one flap it's wings earlier this year. I guess I was just there at the right moment. That particular bird was ticked off at some one. He was telling another bird off... lol

Was your lucky day then :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back