CS2 question

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anybody know of a way to rotate an image in cs2 in less than 1 degree increments?

Yes

mage>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary

Note whether clockwise (CW) or couter clockwise (CCW) and type in the amount like 0.2 or whaterever.

When you do this you may need to recrop your image or clone over the canvas that is created.

You can also select the image (Ctrl A to select all) and then select the move tool. Go to just outside one of the corners and you can drag the image to rotate anyway you like.

There's other ways too - I use the crop tool. Select all with the crop tool and move the cursor to just outside one of the corner points (you'll see the cursor change to a rotate cursor). Rotate as required and press enter.

Done

Yes

mage>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary

Note whether clockwise (CW) or couter clockwise (CCW) and type in the amount like 0.2 or whaterever.

When you do this you may need to recrop your image or clone over the canvas that is created.

You can also select the image (Ctrl A to select all) and then select the move tool. Go to just outside one of the corners and you can drag the image to rotate anyway you like.

There's other ways too - I use the crop tool. Select all with the crop tool and move the cursor to just outside one of the corner points (you'll see the cursor change to a rotate cursor). Rotate as required and press enter.

Done

:blushing: -uh. The only thing I can figure is I just never tried it in cs2. Wouldn't let me is the earlier version I had. Thanks!

No wories. Any probs, let me know.

Just a tip if you're trying to level a picture I find the rotate arbitrary tool a hassle. Using the select all method works really well, but the added tip is, just before you select all, click and drag the rulers (this will give you a blue guide) and snap this guide in the centre of whatever you're trying to get horizontal or vertical. (horizon, building etc). Makes rotating so much easier.

You can also rotate by using the free transform tool (but this may be only useful if you have one layer or have your layers linked).

I have linked an image, which shows you the transform palette.

Basically, hit CTRL+T (Free transform), then click once in the box (see attachment) then press either the UP or DOWN keys on your keyboard. It will rotate your selection, then it's simply a matter of cropping out (or correcting) the empty space.

I used to make my rotations using the arbitrary command but I quickly got tired of going into the menu for a simple rotate.

:thumbup:

You can also rotate by using the free transform tool (but this may be only useful if you have one layer or have your layers linked).

I have linked an image, which shows you the transform palette.

Basically, hit CTRL+T (Free transform), then click once in the box (see attachment) then press either the UP or DOWN keys on your keyboard. It will rotate your selection, then it's simply a matter of cropping out (or correcting) the empty space.

I used to make my rotations using the arbitrary command but I quickly got tired of going into the menu for a simple rotate.

:thumbup:

This is the way I do it too. In combination with the ruler function I find it works very well

Also...
Filters >>> Distort >>> Lens Correction

I'm at work right now, but I think that's the right path :)

This option has an adjustable grid size built right in.

Ok. I've totally disgusted and embarrassed myself.

:)

Like it never happened before and probably never will again.

Thanks again everyone- wait, I hear the garbage truck. Must go throw myself away now.

I didn't throw myself away.

Apparently, and this is kind of sad, I'm worth more alive than dead, and I'm not worth all that much alive either.

Anyone know offhand how to toggle a grid in cs2? There's just so many buttons, options and gizmos.

I'd ask this in basics, but I wanted to provide some closure in this thread as to the garbage truck comment and why I'm still around.

Most reactions

Back