D100 Blurry strange

swat9uk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive got a D100 canon and ive tried different image quality and even raw,
and even from a basic shot from about 8 ft away when you zoom in afterwards it is real blurry ,

to tell you the truth my old 12pix lumix bridge was better it seems I could take a photo and even after uploading it on the pc I could zoom right in , so you would have thought this would have been better,

so im guessing I must be doing something wrong here,
ive been testing 18m.. 5184x3456 and.. raw then tried ..8.0 m 3456 x2304 no joy the other setting seem even lower quality

AF is on its the pixels more than anything. I could be wrong

am I forgetting something or maybe you could recommend a setting I could try maybe?

ive also tried on 70-300mm lens telephoto and seems the same, when I zoom into photo slightly blurry,

First off, are you sure your camera is a Canon? They don't have a D100. Nikon had one years ago.

Have you adjusted the viewfinder diopter control? There should be a small wheel near the eyepiece that you can adjust to make what you see be nice and sharp.

How much are you zooming in to get the blur? If the image is sharp at a normal viewing distances, then zooming in way too much will show unsharp pixels.

Please supply more info.

Post an example with the EXIF and we can more than SWAGing.

ttiwwop.GIF

vvv.PNG
Capture1.PNG
I've got a shot here what I took as an example taking the dog out, its ok ish from a short distance and its prob the best one out doors ive got, but even with this short distance zoom in slightly its breaks up, rough as my dogs back side
and yes it is a canon Eos 100D ef-s 18-55 3 kit . I did adjust the diopter control a few days ago its nice and sharp,
few days old only hoping it would be a lot better than my old 12 px camera lumix dmz

struggling to upload a 14mb original file must have file size limits but you get the idea,
this was
F/4
1/400 sec
iso 1600
0 step
focal 86mm
no flash on this one white balance auto
colour srgb
resolution unit 2
bit depth 24
5184 x 3456

I like to try and shoot raw if not jpeg it is this image was jpeg, the raw are just the same,
photos taken still or moveing are the same, the only way around this ive found so far is to be about 3ft away from the object or person , ive tried the standerd canon lens 18 to 55 then my sigma 75-300

my old camera I could zoom in and crop and cut what I needed , much further away than this, yet this is 18px its almost like its shooting it at about 10px or less

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you can't expect a $100.00 kit lens to perform like a $1,000.00 + L lens.

I totally agree , I can understand if I was let down by the quality by taking landscape pics at a distance due to lens however this is a very short distance indeed, and a cheap nasty camera could do a better job at this short distance, in fact let me rephrase that my Samsung s3 mobile could take a better photo and zoom in , there is obv something that ant quite right what I've mastered here, all photos are like this unless you are about 2ft away from object person

Dog running toward camera.... were you using AI Servo mode when you took that shot? Even in AI Servo, the lens needs to have fast enough focus motors to keep up. Kit lenses usually don't perform all that well with fast moving action because the focus motors are slow.

If you took this in "One Shot" focus mode (which is the default) then I would expect the result to miss focus.

If you took fast-moving action with AI Servo focus mode, but with a slow focusing lens like an EF 50mm f/1.8 or the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II (not the STM version) then I'd expect a fair percentage of shots where the focus motors couldn't keep up.

looks like exactly like id expect from a shot like that. with a fairly wide aperture, slow shutter, and high iso on an older sensor.

Hi there, yes Ai focus mode but I was using sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 time of this shot with the dog, was on normal mode and af on have not had a look at other lens available just yet , just worried a bit about the quality at such short distance slightly zoom in breaks up not just this fast moving picture still ones also..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back