D90+10.5mm + video = cool in-car footage

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out on a cruise with a bunch of other cars and I decided to try and get some in-car camera footage using the D90 and the 10.5 fisheye. I mounted it with a manfrotto tripod in the back. It came out pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
One I would suggest is hook it up to a laptop and set it to take a photo every 5 seconds, at night time this is cool if you make it a long exposure. Time laps with streaky outsides :)
Good start though. You need to shield the mic from the wind.

don't let the white car burn you next time!

You know what would have been sweet?!??!?! Is if you would have zipped by a CHP officer and he turned around to nab you. Then pulled you out and slammed you onto your hood for driving like that on a canyon road with other cars.

I'm not hating, I've done my fair share of open road debauchery (400hp turbo 4cyl then Vette), but I stayed away from situations like that, where you cant see whats around the corner and you have no room.
A nice open highway like the 15 going to Vegas, or some back farm roads are a better alternative.

One I would suggest is hook it up to a laptop and set it to take a photo every 5 seconds, at night time this is cool if you make it a long exposure. Time laps with streaky outsides :)

This sounds like a really cool idea! I may just have to do that myself...

didnt understeer as much as i had thought it would ;) i liked the way it came out

Yea I've actually already tried that with the same rig:

4198651709_a06d953221_b.jpg

That shot came out really clean! How did you have your tripod mounted? I'm susprised to see such little movement/blur.

Here's one I took a while ago with some minor post for the coloring:

tcnightdrivesmall.jpg

I like the idea of doing time lapse driving with long exposures. I think I'll give that a try tonight.

Most reactions

Back