decisions decisions !!!!

fishey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like some advice on the following cameras.
Canon 7D v Nikon D300s.
Canon 5DmkII v Nikon D700.
Pentax optio w80 v Olympus u tough 8000.

Also could someone tell me how weatherproof the dslr's are, ie can you use them in rain without wrapping them in plastic bags, or would it be better to purchase one of the point and shoot cameras mentioned above along with the dlsr?

thanx in advance fishey.........

I am afraid I don't know about anything but Nikon, at that is limited, so I would go with the D-700 if the money is there, every review seems to be VERY favorable.

I would like some advice on the following cameras.
Canon 7D v Nikon D300s.
Canon 5DmkII v Nikon D700.
Pentax optio w80 v Olympus u tough 8000.

Also could someone tell me how weatherproof the dslr's are, ie can you use them in rain without wrapping them in plastic bags, or would it be better to purchase one of the point and shoot cameras mentioned above along with the dlsr?

thanx in advance fishey.........

Scaredy-cats, NOYZ and Montana!

Canon 7D v Nikon D300s--yes, buy one of those two. One's a nice Canon, the other is a nice Nikon. I'd suggest you buy one that uses the lenses you want to own someday.

Canon 5DmkII v Nikon D700--yes, both are nice cameras, almost identical in price. One shoots a bit slowly, but creates big, beautiful high-MP files,and is a dream to carry for hours at a time,without unneeded bulk or weight. The other has a good High ISO performance, a proven pro AF system and pop-up flash with built-in flash commander. I'd suggest buying the one that fits the lenses you want to use some day.

Pentax Optio W80 v Olympus u Tough 8000: flip a coin, then pull out your credit card, debit card, or checkbook.

Between the 7D and D300s I would go with the D300s having read all the bad 7D reviews.

Between the 5d2 and D700 is a harder choice. I have the 5d2 and love it. But friends have the D700 and love it too. It is a trade between more resolution and better high ISO performance. Depends on your application.

I stay away from Pentax and Olympus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back