Difference between price on the same 85mm nikkor lens?????

... do you have any input on the difference between lens and price?
o hey tyler shoots Canon. Are you sure you want his opinion on a Nikon lens?

Yes! Of course he does! ;)

IMCO (in my Canon-er opinion), I'd get the f/1.8G. But either lens would suit you just fine, and you probably wouldn't notice any major differences unless you did some serious pixel peeping.

Of course, you could always get the f/1.4 model. Like Trever1t suggested. Now that I think about it, all my lenses are f/1.4. 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm. :p

Makes sense. I think I will go with the 1.8 and one day when I go PRO I will upgrade to the 1.4. Tanks fellas.

... do you have any input on the difference between lens and price?
o hey tyler shoots Canon. Are you sure you want his opinion on a Nikon lens?

Yes! Of course he does! ;)

IMCO (in my Canon-er opinion), I'd get the f/1.8G. But either lens would suit you just fine, and you probably wouldn't notice any major differences unless you did some serious pixel peeping.

Of course, you could always get the f/1.4 model. Like Trever1t suggested. Now that I think about it, all my lenses are f/1.4. 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm. :p

Ask Tyler about his Sigma 85 1.4, he owns this lens and its pretty stunning! I think I want one. (I'm turning into a Sigma fanboy hehe)

The new Nikon 85 1.8G is an amazing lens by all accounts and has amazing sharpness performance.. but the Sigma is a 1.4 and is has much sweeter bokeh at only slightly more. The Nikon 85 1.4G is the lens I would buy though if I won the lottery, otherwise I would happily buy the Sigma and deal with owning a lens nearly as good as the 1.4G is.

Speaking of the Siggy 85...

Here are a few recent shots I took with it:

ipepHzDVWIMLt.jpg

iqGuurQNfX6OP.jpg

i9t4mvLmmrIVD.jpg

jYmXCVQM8AQTu.jpg

I really do love this lens. The bokeh rendering works for some people, others seem to hate it. I'm a fan of it, personally. On a full frame camera you can get very dreamy out of focus areas. It is always on one of my bodies (except for right now, because I just got a 35mm f/1.4L).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back