1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Differences between Rokkor lenses.

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by ferny, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Uselessdreamer1's post reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. Does anyone know what the differences between the following lenses are, if any?

MD Rokkor-X 50mm 1:1.7
    MD Rokkor 50mm 1:1.7
    MC Rokkor-PF 50mm 1:1.7
    MC Rokkor-X PF 50mm 1:1.7

I know the difference between an MD and a MC, but what does X mean? I assume it means it's the higher end lens? The one for professionals? I think the PF has something to do with the number of elements, but can't remember. I can't find a site that tells me either. :?

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

3. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Yeah, I found that a while a go. But as luck has it, nothing or very little of my stuff is on there. :?

It's not working for me either right now. I'll take a look at it later though. Cheers.