Digital camera reccomendations for sports & portraits.

teamnofear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I been shooting digital sports photography mainly as a hobby for the past 3 years using a Fuji FinePix S602. I have been very impressed with it so far and I noticed many others like my shots as well because I have quite a few peple asking to purchase photos from me. I been shooting mainly events like short track racing, kids ball games, and some portrait type shots mainly outdoors.

I am seriously thinking about forming a photography side business, but realize I will probably need a little better digital camera to do so. Since I want to do sports, I need something with a fast shutter speed and that works well in lower light sitiuations (like stadium lights). I also want to do protrait / senior picture type of shots as well and maybe even a little bit of wildlife photography so a zoom feature would be nice.

Based of of these plans, what brand , model, camera would you recomend. Or what camera - lens combinations are needed?

Thank-you very much for youe advice.

Any DSLR from Nikon or Canon will fill your needs. The DSLR has almost no shutter lag, is much more flexible when it comes to choosing lenses and accessories than P&S cameras. I shoot Nikon, so Canon's are OT for me. LOL When shooting indoor sports, I shoot a 70-200 f/2.8 and a 300 f/2.8. Both are a little pricey, but worth it for B-Ball and the like. I use a 300 2.8 and a 400 f/3.5 for football under lights. I shoot a D1X, this camera allows me to mount, meter, and shoot some of my older manual focus lenses which I prefer for wildlife. Canon changed their mount when switching to AF so the lens choices you have are a little more limiting. Hope this helps a little, I am sure someone else will chime in soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back