does this photo look professional to any degree?

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3119605260_dc685e86fb_b.jpg

or should I say at least "well done"

Hehe...true, indeed, OldClicker.

As far as the image itself, just about. Two things:

1) I don't think the camera body is far enough out of focus to quite achieve what you're looking for. Experiment with wider apertures and different focal lengths or use a smaller aperture to get it all in focus

2) I don't like that I can see that the camera is sitting on a mat, or whatever it is. I want to see it "floating" on the blackness of the background.

I noticed that the Nikkon was out of focus right away. I'd maybe do some photoshop work to get rid of the couple dust specs you can see.

Try putting piece of glass or plexi glass down on the black mat then put the camera on that.

I noticed that the Nikkon was out of focus right away. I'd maybe do some photoshop work to get rid of the couple dust specs you can see.

Try putting piece of glass or plexi glass down on the black mat then put the camera on that.

The dust specs were the first thing that popped out when I opened the thread.

As far as your depth of field, what are you trying to highlight? epp_b makes some pretty good points.

I agree with all of you. Would it surprise you if I told you the light source came only from an ipod? lol

Clean the front element. Then get nice DOF on Nikon and badge or get it all in, also try a floating effect using plexi.

It looks professional to me. Then again, I'm only a lowly amateur so I'm probably not the best one to judge. :)

The key thing to remember about product shots like these is that they tend to be "perfect" in that there are not odd little things wrong, or dust, and you can't see what they are sitting on (actually it is usually a reflective surface). If you don't get everything right it will look less "pro." This is more true of product photography than most areas, I think.

The thing I noticed was the creasing in the mat and the dust on the lens. Apart from that, it looks like a great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back