Downloading Pics without a PC

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone know of devices that can download pics off of a dSLR without a PC? I know there's a device for iPods that will plug into a camera, find the pics and transfer them but I just recently got a portable HD and was hoping that there might be software available that would do the same.

nope. forget it.

If you're talking about a portable storage device, there are plenty around, some with LCDs and some without.
I'm looking into getting an Image-Tank It doesn't have an LCD but it's pretty cheap so it should do me fine with my small budget.
If you've got the money, I've heard that you can't go far wrong with these.

I use an Epson P-2000 and love it. 40Gb space and you can view the images. Takes images straight off CF or SD cards and you can buy an adapter for other cards.

EC8010_p2000.jpg

Regards your own remote disk, there's no way to get the images to that without the disk and the card being connected to the PC.

There are various image tanks out there that are basically a portable HD, card reader, and firmware to copy data. I have the Wolverine which works but I probably could not recommend it with the exception that it was cheap to its competitors. Image tanks with displays are going to be significantly more expensive and in my opinion offer no real advantage.. especially if it doesn't support RAW.

I did'nt know for this! How much does it cost? I want one too... :)

I use an Epson P-2000 and love it. 40Gb space and you can view the images. Takes images straight off CF or SD cards and you can buy an adapter for other cards.

EC8010_p2000.jpg

Regards your own remote disk, there's no way to get the images to that without the disk and the card being connected to the PC.

Been considering one of these... ma laptop gets heavy. :lol:

Curious about transfer speed - how much time does it take to dump a gig for example?

Thanks!

I did'nt know for this! How much does it cost? I want one too... :)

From what I recall... non-LCD viewing ones are under $200 USD and the image banks with LCD are $300-$500 (some even more).

Do your research as their performance and features vary.

I will, tnx! ;)

Most reactions

Back