Dusk walk

You're not exactly taking people's critique very well.

I was gonna critique your photo, but now I'm just afraid to.

I don't mind any critiques but when someone tears something apart but have never attempted it themselves, I find it insulting. I did this picture out of boredom and am use to people who have done similar things to comment on it.
If you don't like it just say so. But don't make comments when you don't know what your talking about. For example the jaggies that were previously mentioned are artifacts left from the bird. Its was from another shot and I guess I should have cleaned it up better but as I mentioned before, this shot was created at 314 dpi so when I had to drop the res for posting they became a little more obvious.

I think you should copy the photo then zoom in on the picture and then tell me it looks like it was cut out with a pair of dull scissors. Because you need glasses, and its suppose to look a little un-natural

For one thing this is a very low res or the original and if I were to zoom in on your photo's I would get ragged edges. The back ground was painted at a res of 314 then reduced to 72 then the file was reduced from 20 megs to less than 200 kb now what the h*ll do you think is going to happen with that much information being lost. Stick to commenting on things you know what your talking about.

You told me to zoom in. And then you don't like what I see.

what the h*ll do you think is going to happen with that much information being lost. Stick to commenting on things you know what your talking about.

At this point I wish that about 200 kb more had been lost.

I did read it! The transition still needs work! Now go make it better!

I did this for just some fun. Its not worth spending a lot of time on but I do appreciate your critique. But I don't understand what you mean by the transition since the original was just all snow behind the dogs all I did was remove it could you be a little more specific.

And traveller I told you to zoom in on the dogs not the bird. what you pointed out is not in the original. And you have an insulting attitude I don't know why this board puts up with you. I looked at some of your work and all I can say is Yaawn. You need to learn some photoshop skills for yourself. Now post something that you have done or shut up.

Hmm -I think I now remember why I don't post on this board that much anymore.

I don't mind any critiques but when someone tears something apart but have never attempted it themselves, I find it insulting.

If you don't like it just say so. But don't make comments when you don't know what your talking about. For example the jaggies that were previously mentioned are artifacts left from the bird. Its was from another shot and I guess I should have cleaned it up better but as I mentioned before, this shot was created at 314 dpi so when I had to drop the res for posting they became a little more obvious.

But everything I said was true. The transition is bad. The frame doesn't match or complement. The picture is full of jaggies and compression artifacts.

You do remind me of another poster who, when asked about obvious deficiencies, always had a reason why, never the poster's mistake of course.

These jaggies are compression defects and sharpening halos and are generally the result of poor technique.

You could have left off the frame, and perhaps kept in the dog's paw, and posted a much larger picture and thus eliminated the compression problems - and still stayed within the size limit.

You might have exposed the original so that the snow wasn't completely blown out and without detail.

You could have had a frame that matched or complemented the colors in the picture.

You might have done all these things, but instead you decided that I dont have the experience to criticize your work of art.

I don't have to do pictures of Elvis on velvet to know whether those qualify as great works of art.

You picture as posted is bad for a number of reasons. If you think the original is a work of art than post a better version somewhere and give us a link.

arrowske4.jpg

Most reactions

Back