Equine

Maybe it's my monitor, but it seems too dark. I like the crop, but would like to see some more light.

The crop is interesting, and I think it works fine. :) I would like to see a little more detail, though, it's showing up too dark on my monitor, as well.

overall comp looks good - but too dark on my monitor as well (I'm sure it's nothing that can't be tweaked in PS). love the bit of lighter coloured mane. cool shot

Interesting composition, in the edited version you've lost the detail in the mane it looks blown. I think because the horses coat and eye are the same colour the eye gets lost so the life is lost also, maybe try this with a different colour horse where the eye could be more prominent maybe?

After clicking on it (I always forget that little deal) I love it. I have barely started photographing horses. I have the same problem of exposure. It is like their coat either super reflects or absorbs the light. If I ever visit them again I will remember to put the meter on spot.

I was just thinking "she needs a lighter horse" then I read the comments. That's pretty much why you don't see so many pictures of black horses! FWIW I think you've done as well as possible under the circumstances.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back