Even an isolated idyllic town must have a junkyard

So.....................

..........how about them photos?

lol

So back to the photo...

It's super sharp and the colors are beautiful.
Seems like some interesting stuff in the image.
But I feel like I'm looking at the back or front end of another picture, and not entirely sure what that picture is really trying to show me. Composition doesn't work for me, personally.

edited for brevity...

I doubt a Nova Scotia lobsterman would know scat about raising wheat in Manitoba, and if asked would probably make some pretty wildly funny comments. ;)

Oh ye of little faith...you would be surprised what Nova Scotia lobsterman might know about raising wheat in Manitoba, I know I was when I visited there a few years ago. A lot of them have spent time working on the prairies when lobster fishing wasn't that great. They are part of our internal migratory labour force. One only has to consider the number of folks from the Maritimes and Newfoundland working in the oilfields of western Canada to appreciate this internal workforce.

We Canadians are often well versed in the occupations, and their vicissitudes, of other Canadians in various parts of this country, after all, there are only about 23 million of us and we do move around a lot.

I am not sure that I would agree with your statement - it always goes a long ways when you take the time to study up on things you comment on. If this was the case, then I would have to be a geologist to take pictures of mountain landscapes. Oh yah, I guess I actually am a geologist, or was one a long time ago. I agree with The Traveler in that you don't have to be an expert in everything you photograph. We shall watch you contributions very carefully to ensure that you practice what you preach. I know you post a lot of very nice bird images on another forum, but are you an ornithologist?

30 (Yes, I know what "30" means.)

WesternGuy

No prob Mate. My degree says BS in Geology as well! small world eh? I got on Travelers case because he has in the past landed pretty dammed hard on some people who made observations about his postings...things about the locales and people and such. That others felt obliged to jump into a coal bin without lanterns is there problem wouldn't you say? And as a non sequitur your bringing in degrees and such is a world class one.
Sounds almost reminiscent of a discussion on boilers & boiler safety from a few weeks back! ;)

It does at that....and I plead guilty and apologize profusely! :Hail.sml::happyblush::oops:

Most reactions

Back