Eyepiece Magnifier for XTi?

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been having some issues with focusing recently, so I figured getting a better look might help. I'm trying to find an eyepiece magnifier for my XTi- the only product I can find made my Canon (EP-EX15) that is at all close seems to actually make the viewfinder area smaller. So I guess I'm trying to find a 3rd party manufacturer for something like this for a Canon. Most items I'm finding look cheap (like this) and too expensive... I'd appreciate any tips from anyone who has experience with a product that will allow me to look at a larger viewfinder screen.

Thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have tried looking as well - sadly the last link example of yours is typically all I could find - and I really don't like the huge protusion of the design of them.
The only other alternative is the Canon Angle finder which offers inreased magnifcation and also a second mode which shows only the middle area in even more increased magnification - for macro work.
However not only is it pricy, but its also at a right angles to the viewfinder - its main design is to allow you to shoot the camera lower without problems (often what macro shooters are doing) rather than having your eye right behind the camera

to be totally honest, i cant see a magnifier helping... hold up a magnifying glass.. while yes, it does make things bigger.. it also makes things blurrier... i have a magnifier on my sony vx1000.. and yes, it does help me with skate videos, because i dont need to have my face up to the camera, but when I do put my eye to the viewfinder, it isn't in very good focus.... but maybe it will help.. i could be wrong, just speaking from experience

Most reactions

New Topics

Back