F-14 Tomcat

I saw the F-18 Super Hornet at an airshow recently. As he launched from the runway in the space of a few seconds he went into a 70 degree climb. Just a sick amount of power that plane has. I'm sorry to see the 14 go but at least it's being replaced by a more than capable plane. Speaking of the f-22, A few weeks ago the local airbase had an open house. For about 15 minutes an F-22 and an A-10 circled over my house. I let my wife take pictures but much to my dismay she didn't zoom so I got shots of 2 small planes and a lot of sky. I could have cried. They were no more than 200 feet off the ground. What a missed opportunity. Needless to say my wife can't touch my camera anymore. I wasn't quite right for the next couple weeks.

russrom said:
The F-22 will be a while untill it gets an a carrier. They are talking about bringing the "JSO" (Joint Strike Fighter) Onboard next.
"next"? The way I heard it the first squadrons of those are expected to become operational in 2012...

your lucky, at least you don't have to put up with the farce known as The Eurofighter Typhoon!

we'd of been better off buying up old F-111's and refurbing them

W.Smith said:
"next"? The way I heard it the first squadrons of those are expected to become operational in 2012...

I'm not the official word but we haven't had any hint of the 22's coming over to the navy yet, i.e. training, support equiptment, ect. The Super Hornet is a brand new Air Craft (A/C) it is the same design as the old 18's but it is larger and each has special mods for what they will be doing. They have replaced the F-14 and some time in the near future they will be replacing the EA-6B Prowlers, They will be dubbed the EA-18 Growlers... cute huh? The only bad thing I have heard about us getting the JSF is that it is a single engine, the powers that be aren't too fond of a single engine A/C on a carrier. I work on the Avionics (Navigation/Radar/Communications) Systems and haven't heard anything yet. But if anyone out there is in the millitary, you know that we don't really know whats gonna happen to anything untill it has already happend, so we might actually already have the 22's! haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back