Feedback on some stuff I'm going to buy

C

Cuervo79

Hi yall, I'm writing this because I want feed back on some stuff I'm going to buy in the next few weeks.

I have been researching on the forum for the lenses, wich I found very good feedback on them, but I am also buying a tripod (wich is allways a problem) and a colorimeter (you use it to calibrate monitors). So here's the list I'm buying, if you have any feedback on anything feel free to write.

Canon EF 50 1.4 USM
Canon EF 85 1.8 USM not sure what is it if its the II or I (doesn't say on adorama)
Canon NB-2LH battery for my Rebel XT
Colorvision Spyder 2 pro colorimeter suite
Bogen - Manfrotto combo
3021BN black trypod with 3047 3-way pan head with quick release.

OK now right now I do mostly fashion portraits and portfolios with my rebel xt so the 50mm would turn into a 80 with the 1.6 conversion of the sensor, I also have a film rebel so that's why the 85mm, I own just zooms so these 2 would make wonders because how fast they are.

I only have 1 battery for my rebel xt so that's why the battery purchase.

The tripod, in my free time I love going out and taking pictures of landscapes, architecture or anything that steers my eye out and I already own a tripod, but lately it seems soo flimsy and because of much usage even some of the leg clamps are in bad shape. So that's why I'm interested in a new tripod, I really don't mind the extra weight (if its any difference, cause i don't really know what my current tripod weighs) but I am interested in a more robust tripod (no plastic leg latches) and the extra features on the legs looks great (since my current tripod has the 3 leggs "connected" to the center column for "more" solid feel)

The colorimeter is because I work in my house with my CRT and work with my laptop and this colorimeter not only calibrates your monitor but also has a software for the printer (wich kills 2 birds with one stone not only with my photography but I also do graphic design work)

Now I'm explaining what I do because most of you guys may have other hardware that you would recomend, I'm doing my purchase in adorama cause where I live (Guatemala) there isn't much stuff to buy and the stuff that you can isn't what you want.

The stuff I have is the following
15 55mm F3.5-5.6 EFS zoom (comes with the rebel xt)
35-85mm F4.0-5.6 EF zoom (came with my film rebel)
75-300mm F4.0-5.6 EF USM zoom
Rebel XT body
Rebel (film) body
bunch of filters (polarizer 52mm and 58mm, some kokin square filters)
cabled remote trigger

ok please send some feedback

Update, well I bough the whole list, so I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back