Fianally uploading!! Let me know what you think...

C.Lloyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not exactly "Moon over Miami".... but you get the idea.

MoonoverVegas.jpg

And a staircase in San Antonio...

BWArch.jpg

I dig the composition and the overall picture of the first one alot, but it appears that the camera moved at some point in the exposure, or it's just out of focus. Other than that, I love it.

I dig the composition and the overall picture of the first one alot, but it appears that the camera moved at some point in the exposure, or it's just out of focus. Other than that, I love it.

Thanks! Actually it was a handheld shot with a P&S, and I had been drinking (it was Vegas after all), so it came out a lot better than I thought it would!

P.S. Yes, the moon was P'shopped in after the fact. I should blur it a little so it matches the rest of the photo, although it's not as obvious in the print.

I like the second picture, though I wish it was the far wall, up the stairs that was in sharp focus, rather than the archway, and I wish it was a little darker/contrastier.

Then you could dodge the doorway when enlarging....or digital equivalent.

Then I think that the light spilling down the stairs would lead me up through the doorway and out into......?:thumbup:

If this was local to you, I'd go and reshoot. Hell, if this was local to me....I'd go and copy the shot with my suggested changes!;)

If it was local, I'd go reshoot too. I took that one 5 or 6 years ago in San Antonio, Texas. My mother lives there. (I guess I could have her re-shoot it!) But I'm in Michigan. Maybe next time I go down there to visit, I could re-set up that shot. I had another shot of that doorway pulled back a little with foliage in the foreground that looked really nice in sepia. Have to see if I can find that. Anyhow, thanks for the feedback!

The moon looks Photoshopped in, tbh.

Thanks! Actually it was a handheld shot with a P&S, and I had been drinking (it was Vegas after all), so it came out a lot better than I thought it would!

P.S. Yes, the moon was P'shopped in after the fact. I should blur it a little so it matches the rest of the photo, although it's not as obvious in the print.

see above

I love #1. Captures buildings in a unique, expressionistic way. Because of the angle and the blur, it almost looks like they are moving. The moon on the top left is the icing on the cake.

The second shot is great as well. Nice shadows, depth, and framing.

Thanks, it's always nice to hear someone else thought one of your shots was worth looking at!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back