Film is definately dying

Carrying a film camera around in public is good for curious stares, finger-pointing, and people who just walk up to you and ask about your, "Antique camera.

I think the typical response I get is "Polaroid film still exists????" in regards to my Landcamera 320

Carrying a film camera around in public is good for curious stares, finger-pointing, and people who just walk up to you and ask about your, "Antique camera.

I think the typical response I get is "Polaroid film still exists????" in regards to my Landcamera 320

I get the same when I'm out with my 100. Most of the comments I get when people ask me about any of my cameras (which range from 20-60 years old) tend to revolve around that person's memory of whatever camera I am carrying, and how it's exciting to see someone still shooting film. I've only once gotten a, "So why don't you just shoot digital? It's faster," when someone was asking me about my C330. Seemed like a bit of silly question to ask of someone who was carrying a beast like that - one look at that thing should explain that I'm not a person who is overly concerned with convenience and instant gratification ;)

I get the same when I'm out with my 100. Most of the comments I get when people ask me about any of my cameras (which range from 20-60 years old) tend to revolve around that person's memory of whatever camera I am carrying, and how it's exciting to see someone still shooting film. I've only once gotten a, "So why don't you just shoot digital? It's faster," when someone was asking me about my C330. Seemed like a bit of silly question to ask of someone who was carrying a beast like that - one look at that thing should explain that I'm not a person who is overly concerned with convenience and instant gratification ;)

A few people have commented on my RZ67 but that's always "wow that thing is HUGE" haha.

One company owner (was in front of a bar) didn't understand that the 4x5 I was shooting was a film camera and not a video camera. He
thought we were press filming because of a violent stabbing that happened nearby and he didn't want bad press. We were photographing a water tower that was a couple streets over.

Had a lady downtown ask if I was shooting a Yashica TLR to which I replied it was a Rollei. She turned up her nose to that response hahaha

Turned up her nose at a Rollei?? I am really digging my Yashica D TLR and all, but I wouldn't call it good enough to snub a Rollei :)

Turned up her nose at a Rollei?? I am really digging my Yashica D TLR and all, but I wouldn't call it good enough to snub a Rollei :)

I sold the Rollei for the RZ. My wife has a Yashica EM TLR that I can use if I want. It seems nice enough and has a built in light meter which is nice. My Rollei did not have one

Yashica lenses are quite nice and I'm really enjoying the D. There's no light meter, though. It's pretty old. Actually, I dropped it last week and the screw from the lid fell out, so I have to fix that, but it seemed to have not affected the functioning in any way. I like a sturdy camera! (And apparently I need one, too! :048: )

Yashica TLRs really do demonstrate that sharpness isn't everything. They aren't razor sharp lenses, but they are really nice nonetheless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back