Film is definately dying

OH MY GOD, STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!

No, film does not have the massive market that it used to have. Nor is it dead.

You know what IS dead? THE HORSE! Dead! Deceased! Expired! Gone to meet its maker! Rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an EX-HORSE!

OH MY GOD, STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!

No, film does not have the massive market that it used to have. Nor is it dead.

You know what IS dead? THE HORSE! Dead! Deceased! Expired! Gone to meet its maker! Rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an EX-HORSE!

Translation: Go shoot something now.

Kodak suffered from more than a decline in film demand.

And it's a good thing I have all that stuff in the freezer. If I shoot a roll a day it'll be deep into 2016 before I run out. And that's if I don't buy any more.

Been shooting film since the 1940's. At this point, I have both film and digital cameras. Unless I need an image in a hurry, I go with the film. In my area, I can still buy Fuji 35mm film at Walmart and a local camera store still processes the film and gives me a hi-res CD with the images.

There's someone at the Eastman House doing workshops and is coating film so I suppose someone somewhere somehow will keep making film.

There is digital restoration done but a movement to produce movies on film; the quality is just different and some people prefer it. I like being able to scan photos etc. but I like the physical, it actually exists, aspect of film and the look of a print done in a wet darkroom.

Don't mind me...

I'm just here to see all the die-hard film fanatics with their panties all in bunches, desperately pointing out why their photographic equivalent of blank recordable VHS tapes will always be superior and in enough demand that they will NEVER stop being cheap and available.

:popcorn:

Film front I'm still going to say that the Dark Crystal era of film making had some magic to the image rendering that wasn't so - eh - "clean" as digital is today. I still love those old fantasy films

Film front I'm still going to say that the Dark Crystal era of film making had some magic to the image rendering that wasn't so - eh - "clean" as digital is today. I still love those old fantasy films

That was one of my favorite films when I was just a young lass!

I like film, if you don't then we're enemies...just sayin..

well.. unless i'm using my digital camera..

I don't believe in magic.

Don't mind me...

I'm just here to see all the die-hard film fanatics with their panties all in bunches, desperately pointing out why their photographic equivalent of blank recordable VHS tapes will always be superior and in enough demand that they will NEVER stop being cheap and available.

Which posts would that be?

Don't mind me...

Which posts would that be?
Sorry, but there are rules. One is that I'm not allowed to talk about it, like Fight Club. :tapedshut:

Another is that if you can't figure it out on your own by reading between the lines of the posts to detect the anxiety involved, it's probably best if you don't spend too much time and energy trying, otherwise it can be like asking someone to explain the joke's punchline when everyone else is already laughing - which can be embarrassing. :1251:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back