Film is definately dying

Buckster said:
Sorry, but there are rules. One is that I'm not allowed to talk about it, like Fight Club. :tapedshut:

Another is that if you can't figure it out on your own by reading between the lines of the posts to detect the anxiety involved, it's probably best if you don't spend too much time and energy trying, otherwise it can be like asking someone to explain the joke's punchline when everyone else is already laughing - which can be embarrassing. :1251:

Go away boy ya bother me.

There's someone at the Eastman House doing workshops and is coating film so I suppose someone somewhere somehow will keep making film.

Coating glass sheets isn't exactly a dark art. I've never done it, and I know there is a lot of technique involved - but it's hardly rocket science provided that you're OK with orthochrome.

Panchro OTOH is another kettle of worms (i've looked into it).

But I really doubt that a few people with a bowl full of egg whites constitutes silver's survival. If anything, I'd say when that point comes film is officially and completely dead.

... if you can't figure it out on your own by reading between the lines of the posts to detect the anxiety involved,,,

I think it has more to do with your own delusions than anyone else's real "anxiety."

Not coating glass, he already had the base and was applying the emulsion - ya know, actually making film. (I don't remember all the specifics, might have been for a workshop at the Eastman House, probably on their website).

Not coating glass, he already had the base and was applying the emulsion - ya know, actually making film. (I don't remember all the specifics, might have been for a workshop at the Eastman House, probably on their website).

The process ought to be essentially the same, unless we're talking about roll films... I can imagine a machine for that though and under red lamps, shouldn't be terribly complex or hard to use. Getting an even coating would be the most significant challenge.... this is all taking me back to my autochrome ideas...

He also misspelled his own screen name :)

I am just waiting for hi-8 tapes to make a comeback.

That's what's so great about it, the medium matches the content!

Yeah. Ida is regarded as one of the best films in history...

Electrick Children
though is just weird. And Melancholia ... well. I'll give you that one.

Most reactions

Back