Film Source

mangorockfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A list of suppliers may be posted on here, but I don't know where. Where do you folks get your 120 film, those who still shoot film, and who do you use to process color?

A list of suppliers may be posted on here, but I don't know where. Where do you folks get your 120 film, those who still shoot film, and who do you use to process color?

I use The FIND Lab. They sell 120 & 35mm film and they're almost always cheaper than everyone else. It's also free shipping if you buy 15 or more rolls (3 boxes).

Not sure where your from. B & H seems to have good pricing on AA wide variety of film. The Darkroom is pretty decent at developing and scanning. Around $15 per roll with advanced scan. They also sell film. I don't buy that many rolls for black & white, I bulk load mine. I buy color but don't shoot a lot of it.

I am lucky to have a local camera store that still stocks film in a refrigerator. I buy my Ilford and Velvia there. I'm going to get some Porta since they carry that as well. I also have been impressed with Ultrafine film: UltraFineOnLine Photo Warehouse for 120 B&W film. Prices are good, but more importantly, images are fine grain in the 400 speed film.

I process my own B&W and have played with E-6 a bit but I'll probably have that and the Porta done at a local professional lab nearby in Wilmington.

B&H or Adorama, Freestyle Photographic, Home - The Film Photography Project , Lomography . Depends on what you want, I think Samy's Camera, Midwest Photo Exchange (maybe), and Central Camera in Chicago. Some of those stores have film and film cameras on their outlet page, which now is often their ebay page.

I'd used The Darkroom but they only do digital prints so I've been using Dwayne's in Kansas so I can get 'wet' prints from the negs (not necessarily every roll). Most places have a variety of options, so you can just get film developed, or scanned online or to a CD, or proof sheets, or prints. Richard Lab in California is supposed to be good, I think maybe they do more fine art but I'm not sure, want to try them sometime.

Portland, Oregon's ProPhoto Supply still sells multiple types of film, from instant to 35mm to 120 rollfilm to 4x5 inch sheet film, in multiple types; all across the USA, there are other brick and mortar stores that sell some to a lot of film stocks.

The OP neglected to post their whereabouts, making this a bit pointless. In 2018, film and competent processing are, like gold and cheap beer, where you find them.

I'm right outside of Memphis, TN. If you can believe it, there is not a camera shop in Memphis anymore. Closest is in Little Rock, so I'm going to have to mail-order no matter what so it really doesn't matter where the supplier is.
I've made a list of all the places that have been mentioned. Thanks

Here in St. Louis, MO............... Schiller's Camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back