Film v Digital v HDR

sounds like you aren't posting into the right groups on flickr. try following and posting in film groups and following like minded people on there.

as for critique, this forum has a lot to offer so try and stick around if you can. Another one I frequent is RangeFinderForum. Almost all film on there along with an older user base.

looking through my own work, ive had both film and digital blow me away. Its hard to say which is better but I do get more joy out of film for whatever reason. The sounds, the physicality, developing, processing. . . it feels much more hands on.

Hey, if you hang out on Rangefinders, you might have come across 02Pilot perhaps?

There might be enough film shooters around here to keep you company, though another suggestion is Filmwasters, which is a nice place to hang out and see a lot of different kinds of techniques.

I value the input...luckily I have "another" job to pay the bills...so photography is a hobby... albeit a very serious hobby.. I will explore the gallery forums and post some of my film shots there... and I shoot digital as well.... occasionally manage to get a decent digital image..

The film... yeah it could be that I bought it at a thrift store... I think I paid $1.00 for that and 10 or 15 other rolls of 35mm film I found that day.. I once bought 25 rolls of 36 exp Kodak Elite Chrome 100 for 25 cents per roll at a thrift store... still have a dozen or more rolls of that in the fridge ... I don't shoot much in the way of "fresh" film... and that does add to the challenge for sure...

The film... yeah it could be that I bought it at a thrift store... I think I paid $1.00 for that and 10 or 15 other rolls of 35mm film I found that day.. I once bought 25 rolls of 36 exp Kodak Elite Chrome 100 for 25 cents per roll at a thrift store... still have a dozen or more rolls of that in the fridge ... I don't shoot much in the way of "fresh" film... and that does add to the challenge for sure...

I think its a great shot. I wouldnt of changed a thing. But again, thats just my opinion.

I'm one that thinks all film shots look better than any D810 shot, they are more natural and soulful, i also couldn't care less what other people think of my shots and over HDR'ed shots are the pits, take a look here Filmwasters - Index film only

Reala was a great film
scan011-XL.jpg

and a crop of above

scan011-XL.jpg

Most reactions

Back