First attempt....

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At doing any editing to the skin. Just learned how to use the healing and blur tool in Gimp to edit my photos. Seems like the most basic thing but I've never been much for editing things. Anyway, tell me what you think... I mostly concentrated around the eyes. Any other methods I could've used that would've bettered my results?

Original
f051-1.jpg

Edit
f051-1-1.jpg

It does look a little weird but I probably would never have noticed it without the original to compare to.

I never noticed it whenever I looked at the pics before reading, but I am sure the clients will notice it!! And that is all that matters!!! Good Job

The result looks good to me. She'll appreciate to having lost the "bags" under her eyes (which aren't to bad to begin with, but ... don't we all see such things best in photos of ourselves?). And you didn't go overboard, making her look like a plastic doll, so she is still herself. To my mind, you got it.

Thanks for the comments! I do still want it to look natural... like LaFoto said.

And I believe it does.

One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone wants to look younger/better than they do in reality. Yes, I'm probably a weird one but if someone was shooting my portrait I would want it to look like me. No matter what.

Just a way of saying, find a way to talk it over with your customers. Some of them may not want the retouching work.

Most reactions

Back