First day of Photography

GoD_Midway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C is appreciated.
I made a set on Flickr (only photos right now): First Day - a set on Flickr

Here are the ones that I think came out good (Uploaded 20/160 to flickr)

3824572962_f8d9c7275b.jpg

3823769429_82f8f37a8c.jpg

3824569026_00a2669b3c.jpg

3824571954_a1ba48c1e4.jpg

You seem to be falling into the centering your subject trap. Google the Rule of Thirds and Photography Composition, and step up to the next level.

I kinda like the bicycle shot.

You seem to be falling into the centering your subject trap. Google the Rule of Thirds and Photography Composition, and step up to the next level.

I kinda like the bicycle shot.
Thank you, you are the second person that has told me that already, so I am learning a lot. Hopefully I can work on the bicycle technique where I can getting the moving object perfectly still and clear

2nd picture - now I'm new and very new to figuring out what is wrong but it looks to me like the focus is on the right side of the picture and not the bee too

2nd picture - now I'm new and very new to figuring out what is wrong but it looks to me like the focus is on the right side of the picture and not the bee too

Yeah I noticed it too. I didn't mean to post it in this thread, but I accidently did. I am pretty sure I took all of these with Autofocus. I tried going out tonight and getting some slower shutter speed pics with a car, on a tripod, but I couldn't figure it out/time it right.

How do people get good night shots using the ambient lighting, no flash?

Hopefully I can work on the bicycle technique where I can getting the moving object perfectly still and clear

this technique your referring to is called "panning" if you do a search here on the forum, or on google, you will find some great guides on how to do it.

Hopefully I can work on the bicycle technique where I can getting the moving object perfectly still and clear

this technique your referring to is called "panning" if you do a search here on the forum, or on google, you will find some great guides on how to do it.

Yeah, I watched one today. Thanks for telling me what it is called though.

Another question, is where and how do I find all the info on the photo's, like the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO?

You mean exif data; get an add-on for firefox or IE (or whatever browser you are using). Not sure what they are called but just google for it.

There is a really good EXIF reader you can download for free at www.opanda.com and another that can also write EXIF/IPTC info at www.photome.de

Actually my dad has one on his computer, I just need one for mine now. But on my dads computer, when we were looking at them, it didn't say the shutter speed. Only the aperture and ISO

Great start, the 3rd bee shot is superb, try to remember just like a story, a picture needs a who, what, when, where and why..

^I don't necessarily agree with that, a photo can have almost none of that and still be a good photo.

I like to cruise through flickr too, to get ideas, and the exif is almost always listed in the "additional information" after you click on More properties.. its a great way to get ideas when your starting out.. .I would search through flickr, see photos I liked, then try to emulate them using the same settings.. then eventually, it got me to a place where I didn't need to use flickr, becuase I was able to figure out the settings myself

Most reactions

New Topics

Back