first impression of armor

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know there was recently a thread questioning the usefulness of armor, but i bought the armor a couple days ago, and just wanted to pass along my first impressions of it. i'll be sure to update this thread as needed if i find any negatives or outstanding pluses.
Camera: Nikon D40

the short end is that, so far, i love it. it gives the camera a much beefier feel, and grip, and will certainly protect the body, and lcd from any minor bumps and scuffs. the fit seems very secure, and all buttons are lining up flawlessly. the only buttons that i find slightly more difficult to push after the addition of the armor are the buttons directly behind the shutter button (info, and ap control). i realize that these are important buttons, so i'll see how that goes. i love the lcd protector...seems much better than those popup shades. another nice thing i noticed is that the bottom edge of the armor extends about 1/4 inch past the bottom of the camera. this will be nice for a battery grip, as the silicon will cover the area where the grip meets the rest of the body. all hatches and doors are still easily accessible.
the lens "protector" seems rather bulky and useless at this point, and i have no plans in using it. it is so wide that it blocks a portion of the AF assist light, but i guess if focusing in manual, it;s no big deal.

i found it at ritz, and paid $50 for the black version of it. they had the red for $100, but i dont understand why one would be willing to pay double to ugly up their camera. the guy said it's to draw attention to your equipment, but i feel that;s not always a good thing. plus people would be disappointed when they find out i only have a D40 :D.

armor gets a :thumbup: from me. (for now :mrgreen:)

biscuit.

Interesting, it sounds like they may have improved it since I looked at the Mk I version a few years back. Thanks for the input!

<snip>
i found it at ritz, and paid $50 for the black version of it. they had the red for $100,
<snip>
Interesting, I just checked the Camera Armour website, and the price is the same regardless of colour; sounds to me like your retailer is trying to pull a fast one!

Sounds cool I guess. The red one sounds pretty silly and if your retailer said "to draw attention to your equipment", he must be a toolbox because I don't see how that could possibly be beneficial.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back