First Picture Taken sorta

percent20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
buddylindsey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always been a person that just snaps away with a camera. My dad gave me a couple of small tips from when he did amateur stuff back in the day. Mostly in the past I would grab a camera point and shoot. Over the weekend I got a Canon SD1100 and would actually like to take a jab at getting to know what I am actually doing. So here is a picture I snapped on my way back to my jeep from work trying to attempt rules of 3rds. I probably totally screwed it up too hehe. I only got the camera on Sunday so still have lots to learn.

comments and critiques are welcome.

Decent photo; exposure and focus all good. Composition is just a little off. I would suggest putting the Wrangler a little lower and right into that bottom right corner. Also, realign your shot so that the parking meter isn't blocking parts of the Wrangler. You can also try widening your aperture so that your background is a little more blurry. This will help the Jeep "pop" out of the photo.

Just my 2bit, newbie suggestions.

Good use of the rule of thirds...my eyes go to the headlights.

Want to watch out for foreground objects that aren't the subject of your photo. IE: the parking meter. Have to move around to see how you can compose your frame with minimal foreground distraction from your main subject. Maybe getting down lower as well when you take the picture...more "head-on" with the jeep.

Conversely, you want to watch the background as well...which you did a good job of here. No light poles or tree trunks growing out of the roof of your jeep.

You're somewhat limited with the P&S, but keep on practicing and HAVING FUN!!!

Kind of a dull subject, IMO.

Shooting with the sun to your back would avoid that washed out sky, but obviously if you're trying to showcase the wrangler, that might defeat that.

I like the picture and form that exact angle if you just drop yourself almost to the ground and move so that the parking meter isn't in the way then it would be a lot better. or if you went out into the woods it would be even better, put it in its natural environment. it will also make the jeep look taller and bigger when you look up to it rather than down on it. Just my opinion

Most reactions

New Topics

Back