First Tripod Outing (C&C Please)

decado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took the tripod out for the first time earlier this week, here are some of my best shots, let me know what you think. I shot all these in raw mode so changes can easily be made.

TripodOuting-101411.jpg

TripodOuting-101412.jpg

TripodOuting-101413.jpg

TripodOuting-101414.jpg

TripodOuting-101410.jpg

TripodOuting-101409.jpg

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. Good use of leading lines; they draw the eye directly into the centre of the image, however there's not a lot of interest there. Technically the exposure is fine, but the use of a polarizing filter and a graduated ND filter to darken the sky, increase saturation and contrast as well as remove some of the reflections from the water would have made this a much stronger image.

2. Despite good use of selective focus, the bright, lightly coloured background is rather distracting. I would suggest focusing in on just a couple of reeds, preferable against a dark background.

3. Again good use of leading lines, but again, no definite subject to hold the eye. This image is a bit of an exposure challenge with the brightness of the snow and the [relative] darkness of the metal railings.

4. Nice; good exposure. Perhaps a tighter crop to make the birds stand out more in the image. Again, a polarizer would have reduced the reflection of the water and increased the saturation.

5. Very nice, but suffers as a result of the bright white of the snow in the background. As a general rule, darker backgrounds are better than lighter ones. A simple change of position to your right may have helped greatly.

6. My favorite of the lot. I would take this one back into the pixel room and crop just a little more tightly on the main leaf, as well make it just a little darker and perhaps boost the saturation a tad.

Overall, nicely done.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary

~John

Most reactions

Back