First try at birds.

rebelnotarget

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a canon 75-300 usm III lens thought i would try it out.
Let me know if there is anything that can help when using zoom lenses. this is the first lens I have bought.

Common Loon
loo3nc4.jpg

loonheaddf4.jpg

Mourning Dove
mourningdovekv2.jpg

dovejc3.jpg

Sea Gull
seagulllogri5.jpg

seagullmh1.jpg

Not bad at all... they are all slightly soft... but thats fairly easy to correct... if you are using PS do a Unsharpen Mask at a decent level before resizing and it should bring some sharpness right back up in them... =) Great first try! Looking forward to seeing some more from you!

for a first try they are very good
good shooting

You will soon find out that with a long lens you need a lot more light, so you must make sure your shutter speed is not any lower than the length of the lens. I.e. when you take photos at the fully extended 300mm, your shutter speed should be at least 1/300 sec. or more. As a rule of thumb. Else you might easily get camera shake (I learned all that the very hard way with many a blooper-print at the time I first used a - then still prime - 300mm lens and all had looked so fascinatingly good in the viewfinder ... and so disappointingly shaken and blurred in the print).

But for a first attempt your photos here are quite good. Yes, they are a bit soft, but ... well composed with some nice subjects to boot. I like how you played with subject and reflection in the first and last two!

Most reactions

Back