Fish trip, without the fishing.

SDB777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took my wife fishing today, and there is a reason it's called fishing and not catching....we'll just blame the storms last night(she is going to use that story no matter what).

This is three exposures -2,0,+2 on my Sony a350 with a Sigma 50mm set at f/45 , processed through PhotoMatix Essentials using the "Deep" setting. I know there isn't much detail in the sky, but it was what I had to work with....overcast yuck.

I know there is probably not a bunch of HDR 'fans' anywhere on the 'net....but I sort of like using the PhotoMatix stuff, and it doesn't take a 'lot of mind-power'. I do think I need to get some ND filters and learn some 'blending' in PS(I'd like to get the water a much smoother).

Also found this guy...fun putting a 'sneak' on him. He certainly didn't mind as long as there were tiny fish for him to be grabbing. And I can say, he was probably pretty full by the time he decided to put some distance between us!

And before anyone says anything, yes...the water is that color. I'm not going to be getting a glass and drinking it anytime soon, if you know what I mean.

These shots are some cropped images from my Sony a350 using a Sigma 70-300mm @300mm, f/8 ISO 100.... I need more lens, I would like to go full frame too and I should have had the f/stop set at f/13 or even f/16 for the 'in flight' photo(his head got a little out of focus).
I was looking at the other 148 photo's of this silly Green Heron, and I think most are not focused enough to bother with...not sure why. Was trying my best to keep things steady with a monopod(my tripod was back at the fishing spot when I took off after this 'bird'). That said.....

Any thoughts to improvement?
Any C&C is most welcome....thanks!

Scott (I look to always improve) B

Most reactions

New Topics

Back