flash bracket

waboo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am searching for a flash bracket for my camera. I seen some on the net but the thing I need to know is this. I own a af 360fgz flash unit. What flash bracket should I use or can I use any type of bracket. Just trying to cut back on redeye.

I'm not familiar with that flash, but with most brackets I've seen the camera size matters more than the flash. If you have a large camera (medium format or something), you'll need a bigger bracket.

If you aren't shooting squares you'll want one that allows the flash to flip when you rotate the camera body to vertical, so that the flash is still above the camera, or you'll get hard shadow to one side of your subject.

Keep in mind you'll need a few things in between the flash and the camera, Pentax doesn't make it simple with a basic cord. If you don't need the TTL you might be able to find a simpler cord.

I'm surprised if you're getting red eye with a regular camera mount. I've used that flash a fair amount, sometimes direct flash with portraits and never had red-eye problems.

Dave

I am waiting for the camera to come in the mail. The only thing I am trying to do is stay on top of the game. I have not taken one pic yet. Hope to receive camera this week.

In that case I'd wait to see how it goes. Which camera? As I said I would be surprised if you had red-eye problems without the flash bracket.

If your new body has a built-in flash one of the nice features of the 360FGZ is the "slave" mode, where it will be triggered by the flash on the camera without wire connection. This is nice for getting lighting angles other than the full-frontal, and much more dramatic than you can get with a bracket.

Congrats and good luck.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back