Flash for nikon?

I would suggest learning how to use the flash without any kind of diffuser first. It's more than possible to shoot nice looking portraits with just a bounced flash.

Had not seen that one before. Looks like same material in the tupperware home made ones. For $20 I can't see how it would hurt to get it with the flash. With it being rectangular I wonder how it lights a room though.

Interesting, if so, what would be the best diffuser?

Interesting, if so, what would be the best diffuser?

Depends on what you want to do.
Strobist: Lighting 101: Bouncing off of Walls and Ceilings

Strobist: Lighting 101: Umbrellas

Strobist: Lighting 101: Bare-Tube-Style Lighting

Strobist: Tupperware and Trash Bags, Part 1 of 3

Strobist: UltraBounce: Bare Bulb Flash, Flat as a Pancake

You need to define what you want to do and then research the various methods of diffusion to find the one that you like the best.

Portraits, a softer look would be nice.
I am just using it for portraits and architecture, so no diffuser for that, but portraits, just needs to have a good all around diffuser, for off camera use.

Have you heard anything about the SB900

yeah the SB-900 is mince! :lol:

Seriously though if you're doing architecture you'll probably need more than one strobe. I'd personally buy 2 or 3 SB-600's if your camera has CLS. If it doesn't I'd get remote trigger/receivers, pocketwizards, cactus V2's, etc..

The strobist links above will tell you everything you need to make up your own mind.

I would agree, I would rather have 2 SB-800 or 600 than one SB-900.
You will be able to do way more with multiple flashes.

So then I should get two SB600s?

Yes, the D90 supports Nikon CLS so you will be able to shoot with the two SB-600 off camera and wireless.

Interesting, will they have enough power in comparison with the 900.

I would suggest two SB-600s and maybe an umbrella or two if you can afford it. Two SB-600s will serve you much better than a single SB-900.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back