frustrated...

Lisablueeyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What was I thinking asking for a canon T3I, when I am new to the DSLR world....... Today was my first real chance to play around with he camera. Uggg I need a lot of work!

"If I had the flash on the subject came out to light, and if I had the fash off the subject came out to dark... And I had the camer set on auto {CE} What gives
:(

Last edited:
i'm not likely to have an answer for you,but I would bet if you posted the pics,someone here could give you some ideas....:wink:

practice practice practice. noone picks up a DSLR and becomes a great photographer. there are many many different aspects that will determine your exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, all will affect how bright or dark your shots will be amongst other things, the best thing you can do is play and learn, the more you use it, the more you will become familiar with it, there is a lot to learn, but the rewards are plentiful.

I'm assuming that you only have the built-in pop-up flash, which really isn't much use, in fact the only really useful purpose it serves as a place for them to write 'Canon'. Okay, snarkiness aside, the pop-up flash is very limited in it's power, so it's done about as much as it can do under the circumstances. Your daughter and her child are reasonably well exposed; a little post-processing brightness wouldn't go amiss, but other than that, it's not bad.

I'm assuming that you only have the built-in pop-up flash, which really isn't much use, in fact the only really useful purpose it serves as a place for them to write 'Canon'. Okay, snarkiness aside, the pop-up flash is very limited in it's power, so it's done about as much as it can do under the circumstances. Your daughter and her child are reasonably well exposed; a little post-processing brightness wouldn't go amiss, but other than that, it's not bad.

How do I do {a little post-processing brightness}

It is a good start as it was.

What software do you have for working on your images? Adobe's Photoshop Elements and PaintShopPro are two of the best entry-level applications. They both run around $80-120 depending on where you buy them. Adobe's Lightroom 4 is arguably the best application on the market for dealing with RAW files. If you're on a tighter budget, the Gimp is an outstanding freeware application which does about 95% of what full-fledged Photoshop does, however it's a little more difficult to use.

Lisa, Did your camera come with the Canon DPP (Digital Photo Professional) software disc??? It allows you to adjust or "develop" images, and make corrections like "Adding Exposure" or " + Exposure"...

Lisa, Did your camera come with the Canon DPP (Digital Photo Professional) software disc??? It allows you to adjust or "develop" images, and make corrections like "Adding Exposure" or " + Exposure"...

I Assume this is the same thing.. "EOS Digtal solution disk"

i'm really just learning alot of things,myself,and know absolutely nothing about canon,but it looks pretty good to me.......certainly good enough to explore in post...

The white CD that came with the camera...

YES, the DPP program is one of a few on that disc!!!! DPP is Canon's "raw converter" and "image developer" software.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back