Fuji RAWs are rubbing me raw

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by IronMaskDuval, Mar 8, 2016.

1. IronMaskDuval

IronMaskDuval No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    @pixmedic Wow, ok. So I went through several different RAW software yesterday, and I can confidently say that I am now 100% in love with my X-T1. I settled with Capture One. It's really pricey, but not quite so relative to how well it performs. It's also Sony and Fuji friendly, so it is PERFECT for me. My Fuji Raws are coming in very nicely, and Capture One handles the pictures well without turning them in pastel mud.

I really wanted to try Iridient, but it is a software for Apple. I spoke with Brian yesterday, and he said that he will be releasing a Windows beta at the end of April, but that it will be nothing close to the Apple version. So boo.

BUT, I am really happy now. I woke up this morning really discouraged after trying the different software yesterday, but after I downloaded and used Capture One this morning, it's a world of a difference. Yay

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. unpopular

unpopular Been spending a lot of time on here!

Silky should also handle Xtrans better as a special Silky shipped with my XE-1; It's all around better in my opinion. Not as sexy as LR, but more technical. I'm not wild about LR at all, it always seemed underwhelming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ill have to give silkypix a try.

4. xenskhe

xenskhe No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure that I understand your question fully, Raw Therapee does a good job with X-Trans. But the bundled converter looks better to me, works well.

5. sashbar

sashbar Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

If you spend your hard earned money on FUJI X camera and lenses, I think it is silly to try saving on a converter/editor. Capture One Pro costs less than half of the cheapest FUJI X lense, and it is sure more important that just one lense in your bag. I tried Thrapee and Silky and run C1 in parallel with LR for a month and to me there was no competition. Capture One is a well designed, professional quality converter with lots of cataloging and editing functions (There is more than enough for me, I do not even use Photoshop anymore), and it works with X-Trans files beautifully.