Fuji X-A1 vs X-E2 vs X-T100

Oh boy! I do love my XC 50-230 for it's smallness and lightness... Now I am down the rabbit hole and looking at X100t, xf10, xt20.... I do prefer a viewfinder since I don't like to wear my glasses when I'm out walking/hiking. .. Xt20 is lighter and smaller than Xt100? Ugh! I have to get back to work, lol.

I loved my little X-T20 and do miss it, but if I was to get another Fuji it would be the X-T30.

Oh boy! I do love my XC 50-230 for it's smallness and lightness... Now I am down the rabbit hole and looking at X100t, xf10, xt20.... I do prefer a viewfinder since I don't like to wear my glasses when I'm out walking/hiking. .. Xt20 is lighter and smaller than Xt100? Ugh! I have to get back to work, lol.

I loved my little X-T20 and do miss it, but if I was to get another Fuji it would be the X-T30.

my decision was mostly budget related. and definitely a want, not a need....I just wanted a 24mp camera again.
i was originally looking at the x-a5 but was pointed to the x-t100 and x-t20 as an alternative.
i got a super sweet deal on a brand new x-t100 with kit lens, so thats what i got. no regrets though.

Now looking at x100t vs x100f - is the only big difference the mp's? Sorry - will make my own thread so as not to hijack any longer but am blaming you for the GAS.

Now looking at x100t vs x100f - is the only big difference the mp's? Sorry - will make my own thread so as not to hijack any longer but am blaming you for the GAS.

the x-100t is a fixed lens camera, 16mp with a 35mm f2 lens.
the x-100f has a 24mp sensor with a fixed 23mm f2 lens.

X100F is bigger and heavier.

Fuji-love-fest in progress^^^^^...

REALLY surprising to see the size difference between the two lenses.

The XC lenses are the “ cheap” line. They’re super lightweight and small because they’re plastic not metal housing. If you’re not rough on your gear they are a real bargain.

The XC lenses are the “ cheap” line. They’re super lightweight and small because they’re plastic not metal housing. If you’re not rough on your gear they are a real bargain.

The smaller variable max. aperture helps a lot too...look at the size of the XC15-45mm f/3.5~5.6's front element, compared to the larger f/2.8~4 18-55mm lens..much smaller...52mm filter versus 58mm. Having options is a good thing!

Last edited:
I think they both have OIS but yes otherwise you are correct.

After circling the drain on this for most of yesterday, I did end up buying something. I ordered a Fuji XF10. I went around and around on this with the different options and none of the others were different enough from the XT2 to make them necessary. Not significantly smaller or easier to use. I wanted something small and didn't want to spend the money for the x100f. I almost bought a used XF70... In the end, size mattered! I don't like to use my phone for photos as it kills the battery and this will give me a very take-along friendly option for hiking, in my purse, candids when out with friends, travel etc. My mom borrowed and broke my little Sony Cybershot so this will be the replacement. Very excited to check this out. I got the hipster champagne and "leather" edition.

After circling the drain on this for most of yesterday, I did end up buying something. I ordered a Fuji XF10. I went around and around on this with the different options and none of the others were different enough from the XT2 to make them necessary. Not significantly smaller or easier to use. I wanted something small and didn't want to spend the money for the x100f. I almost bought a used XF70... In the end, size mattered! I don't like to use my phone for photos as it kills the battery and this will give me a very take-along friendly option for hiking, in my purse, candids when out with friends, travel etc. My mom borrowed and broke my little Sony Cybershot so this will be the replacement. Very excited to check this out. I got the hipster champagne and "leather" edition.

we have the xf1 and love it

Both have a 23/2 fixed lens=35mm equivalent.

Both have a 23/2 fixed lens=35mm equivalent.
I sit corrected...
Either way, both are fixed lenses so....rubbish

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

After 3 Fuji cameras and a deepening Fujinon addiction, I stepped sideways and got a Ricoh GR II--tiny 16mp APS-C powerhouse with a sharp 28mm equivalent fixed lens. Deeply discounted now after the 24mp GR III landed recently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back