Not open for further replies.

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a few rolls of this for an upcoming photoshoot...
Has anyone used this film before?
I've never used it... so I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something really really wrong with it before I go wasting my client's time...

If you have any comments please post them!

Thanks! :D

Warning.... blatant bit of biassed personal opinion coming up:

It is my opinion that that is the worst film Fuji produce and a good contender for worst film I've ever used. I think it sucks arse. I'd buy Reala 100 instead. Even Superia 400 is much better for grain, colour, saturation and exposure.

It's only opinion, feel free to disregard it and totally prove me wrong.

Rob

Gee Rob....blame the film! It's probably just you. :mrgreen:

I've not used the film personally, but there are indeed some beautiful films available from Fuji, and Reala 100 is among them. If the shoot is really important, you might want to consider a change.

Good rule of thumb is never test a new film on an actual shoot! ;) Keep the film and try it for personal use before you use it with a client.

terri said:
Gee Rob....blame the film! It's probably just you. :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, it is me. There are such differences in style between photographers, and the tools suit the style (or not!). It's my honest opinion that this is not going to be a great film for many people though.

Rob

Rob said:
On a more serious note, it is me. There are such differences in style between photographers, and the tools suit the style (or not!). It's my honest opinion that this is not going to be a great film for many people though.

Rob
:) Point taken. :hug::

k, I'll get some different(better) film...
What would y'all recommend?

I want something with a lot of contrast... but not blanking out the white or dark... I would also like it to have a soft flowing feel to it... not harsh.

Also, where can I order it from(fast)?

Thanks!
-Chris

You should be able to pick up Reala 100 from any photographic shop. Kodak Professional Porta 100NC is pretty flattering.

Rob

Rob said:
You should be able to pick up Reala 100 from any photographic shop. Kodak Professional Porta 100NC is pretty flattering.

Rob
yeah... I should except the photo shops here in town SUCK really.... all they had was the fuji crap.

should I just order from B&H or Adorama?

At least from those two it'll be fresher than your local store. I'd say go for it - shouldn't take more than a couple of days if it's in stock.

Rob

ugh... I was reading about it... it says it's "for use in controled lighting"

I'll be out in natural lighting... is that something that will really affect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back