Fun with Baby and aperture

DanCanon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Messing around with aperture settings trying to get a good depth of field. The shirt was just right for the baby. Think B&W would be good? Let me know what you think of the pic.

3252119452_c4f205b0f1_b.jpg

Flickr: chessbored7108's Photostream

hmmm i agree black and white would be better....but play with your dof and try to get the saying out of focus and the babys face in focus.

I do like the shirt in focus, but at the same time the baby out of focus is a little distracting (especially since the baby is looking right at the camera).

Just my opinion, though.

i was intentionally trying to just focus on the shirt, keeping the baby blurry so it is more of a generic baby so to speak, could be anyones baby. Everyone thinks their baby is the best gift ever.

i was intentionally trying to just focus on the shirt, keeping the baby blurry so it is more of a generic baby so to speak, could be anyones baby. Everyone thinks their baby is the best gift ever.
hmmm ok i like that idea better...however i dont think you achieved it here....what were your settings? cause you can still see the babys face enough to make it out thats not my baby :D haha anyways make it a bit more blurred....i like the idea though

I think what I dont like too much is the fact that the background is a busy pink and the gift on the shirt is red, it doesn't really 'match'. I think if the background was more plain like white then I would want to focus more on the shirt and not the blurry babies face against the busy background...

I have some shots where her face is blurrier, unfortunatley she wasn't smiling in any of them. I took the pic with my 50mm, 2.4, 1.4 is much blurrier.

I understand what you were trying to do here, but I don't think that when you're playing with depth of field that the subject's eyes/face should be blurry, rather they should be the point of focus.

I like your idea, but I think I would have liked the picture better if the baby wasn't looking at the camera. When the baby is looking right at the camera, I'd love to see what that baby looks like. If the baby is looking away (more of a profile), I might focus more on the shirt. I also would have liked to see a matching/coordinating color in the blanket behind the baby to the red in the shirt. It IS a really cute picture and I LOVE the shirt. It does what you had intended in that respect...speaks to all the moms/dads out there.

I think the baby is way too defined to have achieved this. You would need to find a way to further throw that baby oof for this theme to be accomplished.

I hope you don't mind me sharing. I took a similar photo when my son was just a few days old. This was not a posed shot, just an angle that I noticed while trying to snap a photo of my little man.

AllBecause.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back