gasoline

If i'm not mistaken in my conversion methods...
We are paying up to 1.30 a litre today which puts our gas at about 5.85 a gallon!

gas.gif

We're paying over 1.87 dollar a liter, (what makes it over 7 dollar a gallon) here in the netherlands. They say we have the most expensive gassoline in the world.. hehe.. WHYY???

yeah, pretty sh!tty eh. Good thing i can get at my job on my bike :D
I still havent figured out why we pay so much neither. Its just insane. They are breaking gas price records almost every day.
Maybe its time to put those wooden shoes on again and just start walking.

GM (or was it GE?) introduced the first solar powered car in 1955.

How long did it take from Kennedy's speech to actually put men on the moon? 10 years?

If we put our minds and energy toward a goal, it can be achieved. Why didn't we learn our lesson in the 70s with the first major oil crisis? Instead we put a gas guzzling SUV (or two) in every garage in America, and ignored the obvious future. I could blame the petroleum company lobbyists, but I'm tired of blaming the politicians. We the people let them screw us eveytime.

You are right, we are screwing up our only place to live up almost (if not already) beyond repair. We have got to get out of this downward spiral of hurting our own environment.

Let this please be the sign for car manifatures that gassoline isn't the way forward..

terri said:
ahhh......gasoline.

And the sweet sound of panic. :roll:

We had our main delivery pipeline disrupted by Katrina, from (I believe) Louisiana to a station in Atlanta, and somehow the word leaked out. Every moron with a vehicle lined up at every gas station around this town, causing traffic jams and hour-ling waits.

At first the gas station owners took full advantage of the beauty of panic, jacking prices to about $4 a gallon and watched people racing to be first in line to pay for it. As the hours passed and it was obvious what was happening, suddenly it dropped back to about $2.80 or so.

Even while the governor assured the public there is not a shortage problem, but a temporary delivery problem, the panic has not ceased until - you guessed it! - these jerks have run the pumps dry.

Just 24 hours ago, you couldn't get around the lines when driving past a gas station. Today, traffic is flowing much better because the pumps have bags over them and signs that say "OUT OF GAS".

Panic and short-sightedness has now really put us in a bind. I have 3 vehicles that are either full or over the half-mast mark, so I'm all right for the next several days. If my vehicles run dry before our pumps are able to be replenished, I guess I'll be sitting at home.

People are stupid.

and to add:
Simple supply and demand...If you don't panic and rush the gas stations, fill up every car/truck you have along with gas cans it wouldn't be this bad.

North Americans don't know how lucky they are (other than having to wait ages to fill their tank with low pressure pumps).... I'm paying $1.79 a litre today :( I'll need a bank loan just to fill the tank up soon.

There was an email circulating the other day that I thought would be a good idea. Get everyone to boycott two of the major gas companies for the rest of the year. The email suggested Exxon (Esso) and Mobil. We can't live without gas yet but we can live without buying from a few places. Esso may not be that easy to avoid because they're everywhere over there but it could still happen. If they lost that much revenue, they would have to lower their prices which could bring the prices of gas down. The only thing is that it would take a LOT of people to make it work, but it could definately make a big difference.

Most reactions

Back