Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wonderedif anyone know any free and good German to English Translation sites etc.

I got a letter back from Austria today and I can make out some of it. I managed to work out that my Great Great grandfather (born in 1820) was a Schneidermeister - a Master Tailor. but some of it is beyond my English-German dictionary :(

I do find it funny that I got my nick of Lensmeister long before I knew that he was a Schneideermeister ... lol

Thanks in advance.

Actually I think Santino might be able to help, being from Austria. His English is also impeccable.

Wow I never knew there were Austrians on here ......

Unlike me and my Dad ... Austrians tend to be quiet. .... lol

Thanks all

I did a rough translation myself using your sites and my dictionary but there are words in it that are escaping me. I'm so excited about this letter, I been tracing my family history about 14/15 years and I have got back to 1480 on my Mums side (English), but I knew nothing about my Dads. So watching the post is exciting ... and when that letter turned up I was in heaven!

Thanks again all for your help.

Neil.

Wonder when English to Mongolian will be available? I'm supposed to be going there for my 10 year anniversary, in a couple of years. That would sure help.

If you are just wanting one letter translated for you, you could try phrasebase.com. I'm positive you will find some people on there nice enough to help you out. It's a little difficult to navigate, but when you find the German part, just bookmark it. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back