Getting the most from my camera

Is the other cam I used any good? I got it as a present but thought it was probably old because it's so big. I have a couple like that, if they're so good, why can't I make pictures small enough to fit on my screen?! LOL stop pulling my leg guys

Lol man your so funny :)
Just incase you somehow really are being serious...

Yes, Nikon D90 is one of the newest cameras released
learn to use it, or if your messing with us, great introduction but show us your REAL shots :)

Is the other cam I used any good? I got it as a present but thought it was probably old because it's so big. I have a couple like that, if they're so good, why can't I make pictures small enough to fit on my screen?! LOL stop pulling my leg guys

With thinking like this it's no wonder that California is undeniably the most screwed up state in the Union. Dude, maybe you should give your invention to Arnold. That way they could balance the budget.:lmao::mrgreen::lmao:

With thinking like this it's no wonder that California is undeniably the most screwed up state in the Union. Dude, maybe you should give your invention to Arnold. That way they could balance the budget.:lmao::mrgreen::lmao:

Wow... your gear list <3<3<3<3

Hi guys! I'm back! I wanted to show some more pics but the battery on the other camera died because I think I used cheap AA batteries. It's actually kinda gross in there, I think theres some acid that spilled LOLOL I think I might need to get rid of it.

I found another old cam my wife got me a few months ago, I don't know if it's any good, but I played with it and figured out how to get smaller pictures so it must be better than I thought, ha ha. First, I had my little sister take a picture of me with my rig next to my friend Brian because someone said he was me. Boy, this other camera is a clunker, she can barely fit her hands around it!:

IMG_7183.jpg

You can see that I now have a shoulder strap so I can wear it at the wedding and still have my hands free to drink and things like that. Thank you for the idea, SrBiscuit! It is very comfortable and can also pull motorcycles.

Here is a picture of it now with the strap on a table. The iPhone has a sticker with blue flowers on it so I can recognize it if it gets stolen by another photographer or something, you can see some of them in the next shot:

IMG_7185.jpg

The next two pictures I wanted to show a close up of me with the harness on. You can see it really fits nicely, and I can totally control the "take picture" button on the phone because it's right where I can see it. I had my sister hold the camera so I could be in the picture.
IMG_7177.jpg

I don't know what button she pressed for the next shot but I thought it looked cool so I put it up here too. I think the camera is broken or something because there aren't any colors, so I'll probably have to get rid of this piece of junk too.

IMG_7175.jpg

At least I have ONE good rig, all because of you guys. Thanks again! The wedding is in just a few days, I get to fly back home to LA for it, wish me luck!

"Man is the noblest work of God..... Well now who figured that out???"

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to."

"I believe that our Heavenly Father created the monkey because he was disappointed in man."

"In discarding the monkey and substituting man, our Father in Heaven did the monkey an undeserved injustice."

"Such is the human race. Often it does seem such a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat."

"It's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there." (on Los Angeles)

- Mark Twain :mrgreen:

This guy really isn't joking is he? :S
Uh if you want to get rid of that ol' honker of a camera (nikon d90) ill pay postage on it ? :p
I know your joking about getting rid of it, You look like a photographer...
You must be messing with us, Your friend brian looks... unique...
when are you gunna come clean about you torlling us? I really want to know if your being serious or not...
Im putting my money on your not being serious... but hey, you never know...
You seem like a genius building that contraption for the iphone...
It is certainly unique

This would probably be funnier if it wasn't SO over the top ridiculous.

yeah it's kinda lost traction now after the "i have a d90...is it good?...its big so it must be old."

you over did it dude...dang...i was having fun too. :(

go make a new profile, and try again. :thumbup:

The D90 got a little messy from the corroded battery, so I chucked it, but I have this Cannon I used for the last couple pictures. Maybe I can figure out a way to put it on my rig for some of the shots if you guys think that would help.

Heading to the airport!

hahaha he is going to come back and post wedding pictures that are amazing and taken by a D1 or D5 haha

No updates? :(

When is your "wedding"

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes!

There was a problem at the airport and almost almost disaster! As you all know, I've been doing a lot of driving the last few days, but I needed to catch a flight to LAX to get there for the wedding. The rig was done, everything was perfect, but...

So I got to the airport and checked my luggage. I brought along my other cameras and stuff because someone here said they might not be worthless, but I just chucked them into my checked bags. The iRig, on the other hand, I didn't want to trust to the throwers who chuck bags around, so I wore it around my neck.

Once we were checked in and the bags were heading off to certain doom, I began wandering the concourse and decided to do some photography to refine my technique. I spent some time getting the check-in counters, the TSA booth where they take the checked luggage, the security doors, the neat keypads and stuff by the doors to the tower, stuff like that.

Out of nowhere, some guy in a security uniform shows up and yells "what are you doing?" and I swung around to show him real fast and he yelled and there was a scuffle and I don't know what happened next.

There was a lot of noise and stuff, and long story short, they confiscated my setup for a while. They kept saying it was a security thing, but I think they're just photographers who wanted to steal my sweet rig. They kept asking what it was and didn't seem to believe me when I told them, I think they were just impressed. They wanted to know about the wires and stuff and when I offered to show them they got all nervous, but finally they x-rayed it and decided to let me through. Good thing I carried it on, btw, they lost the bag that had the Nikon and the Cannon eos.

It was a GREAT wedding! I got a lot of comments about the rig, and lots of questions. There were a couple of jokers saying funny stuff like "You're kidding" and "this is a terrible idea" and stuff, I guess they must read the same humor magazines as you guys lol.

My sister cried when I showed her the pictures, I think she was really moved. I can't wait to print these off at WalMart so I can present her with her very own album!

I'll try and get some pics up onto the internets as soon as possible, but I'm going on a trip real soon so I don't know when I can get them up onto a servers.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back