Ghost/Paranormal/haunted

Rapala46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rapala46.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
even though halloween is over and past i am still wondering...Does anyone have any experiecne with haunted photographs? What brings me to ask this is that the other day i found these old (pre 1850) homes and 2 sheds out in the woods of NJ. They are falling down and almost completely dead, but one is still standing fine. So i went inside, and inside everything was there. Pots in the sink, clothes in the closet, food in the pantry (gross...let me tell you). On the kitchen table there was a newspaper (i got a pic of that, and it is being developed right now) and a plate with encrusted stuff and a fork. So, i tried to get more pics, and the camera died immidiatly.

After this, i decided to leave, and the second i stepped out of the house, my camera turned on with full battery. I was happy, yet puzzled, but i went back inside again, and right away, it powered down to no battery. I assumed it was a problem with the camera, so i started walking away from the house and once i got about 1/8 of a mile away, the camera turned on with full battery power. at this point, i was frustrated, so i hiked back and attempted to take pics of the outside of the house. This time, the shutter speeds were changing by themselves. wtf....Now, i was angry so i went back in the house, and found the stairs leading upstairs. Unfortunatly, i am a wimp, and decided against going up, and hiked back to my truck.

Now, it is almost 5 days later, and i havn't noticed ANY of those symptoms on the camera since that day. I havn't changed the battery, and it is still at full. I dont even know if i want to go back. If i do, i am not going alone. At least 2 friends MUST accompany me. Can anyone compare experiences?

PS: Before i forget, when i get the pics back from developing, would anyone like me to post them?

Yes, post them. But what may have caused the strange happenings of your camera is that there is some type of electro-magnetic field in that area. It could be natural or it could be from powerlines either above or underground.

If you've ever put magnets near electronics such as computers, bad things happen to them. Just my rational theory.

If there IS something haunting that place that doesn't want you to take pictures, go back with some friends and an old *mechanical* 35mm film camera. If it still acts up, then you might have found a scary place.

Whoa, your story sounds scary enough, and yes, do post your photos, by all means! I am very curious now!

It must be the vastness of your country that makes things like this, i.e. an abandoned homestead with everything still there, even the undone dishes in the sink (ugh!) possible at all. Here, any abandoned place gets immediately either cordoned off or boarded up and very soon afterwards pulled down to give room for something new. We would not be able to find haunted (?) places such as the one you are describing. Creepy!

well, i was kinda mad when i got my pictures back. Apparantly at CVS, the machine wont print out photos if they "below standrad quality", so whehn i went to get my pictures back, the woman told me that i was being charged less because 6 of the photos turned out bad. I said "by bad what do you mean", and she told me that in some of the pictures there were white blotches, and on one of them, she told me that the entire thing was white except a little peice of a room. You cant even begin to imagine how angry i was. If anyone cares, i posted some of the pictures (above standard...:grumpy:) on my website:

http://rapala46.blogspot.com

oh yeah, and i will be going back there with some friends, and this time, i am getting them developed somewhere else.

here are the pictures that turned out OK enough to post...

side%20of%20haunted%20house%20windows.jpg

haunted%20house.jpg

thats the creepy house. visit #2 is coming soon!

those two youve posted havent showed up, just red X's

Would like to see them

You need to take plenty of shots and get them posted! Where is the house (i.e. country)? I would love to see some decent shots. I grew up in a haunted house and whilst I never saw, only heard things, my dad has seen the "residents", and ghosts at other locations. he's just never had his camera handy:grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back